Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, i was looking at putting new cams in my car and was wondering if any of you have gone down the same road. Its a '97 Cobra DOHC 4V. Can i put bigger cams in or should i stick with the stock size? Thanks SJAVERY

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
Depends on your power goals and whether or not you are gonna run boost or stay N/A. Cams are always a nice mod but they are very pricey on the 4v's. Need some more info about your car and your plans to help you get a good selection of cams to choose from.

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
97Cobra

Depends on your power goals and whether or not you are gonna run boost or stay N/A. Cams are always a nice mod but they are very pricey on the 4v's. Need some more info about your car and your plans to help you get a good selection of cams to choose from.

Welcome to the forum!
Im going to shoot for motor alone and see where it gets me. Im doing a full buildup and upping the performance of the parts im putting back in it. Im looking to shoot for 500-550 rwhp. Im not sure how easily doable that is with the 4.6 4v motor. Any reply's are appreciated. Thanks SJAVERY

·
Old timer
9,296 Posts
I doubt you are going to be able to get that much without some sort of power adder. But you ARE going to need cams to be anywhere near your goal.

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
450rwhp is a decent N/A goal and thats what I am shooting for. But getting to 500, and especialy trying to go over 500 N/A on pump gas is about impossible. I would shoot for a high tech stage 2 or a custom ground set.

·
Registered
8 Posts
You want some nasty sounding cams? I would go with Crower. Those things just sound sick!! I think a Crower sounds better than a Comp Cam any day.

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
You want some nasty sounding cams? I would go with Crower. Those things just sound sick!! I think a Crower sounds better than a Comp Cam any day.

Sound is the key word it that statement. and sound doesn't always equal power. You need to get a cam that makes power where you want it and not focus on idle quality if you realy wanna make alot of power.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I completely agree with that crower has a great Stage 2 Cam that will not only sound great but have the power you need too. They also do special grinds if you know what you want.

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
I personaly still think hi tech has the best off the shelf N/A 4V cams

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
I am working on it.:D Dont wanna make a $1500 mistake

1 - 14 of 14 Posts