Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok sorry guys this isnt a mustang question but no body else is as knowledgable about this stuff as u guys .... so my dad is a used car dealer and we just bought a nissan murano 2003 to drive down to spring break at myrtle beach but any way everyonce in awhile when we start it thick white smoke comes out of both exhaust pipes in back any ideas??

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
Oil? I dunno figure I would try though maybe coolant I know coolant got in/on mine or something and it smoked white

but it was a POS lol

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Its oil most likely. I've seen even brand new nissans do that straight from the dealer with only a couple of miles on them.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how is it oil like how would this happen its comin right out the exhust is it fixable?

·
Registered
685 Posts
white is coolant blue would be oil

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Usually its a valve seal that is the problem. When the car sits for a long period of time, oil slowly seeps into the combustion chamber(s) and sits there until start-up. Then when you fire the car that oil thats there is burned off causing smoke for a second when you start the car. This may or may not be the issue but like I've said I've seen brand new nissans do it. I work in a garage where we do work for nissan dealers and we get cars that havent been delivered yet to work on. When I've gone to start them up in the morning I've seen quite a few burn oil at start-up. I know its oil by the smell.

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
YES I WAS RIGHT!!!

For the first time ever I was right woot for me guys!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts