Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok just purchased a 92 gt and it has some minor problems. First my steering pump squeels and it kinda hard to turn and the fluid is black/gray color. Should I change the fluid or just change the pump?
Also my air bag light keeps blinking anyone know what that could be?
Last i believe its my TOB when i rev my engine clutch in or not it makes a whine as the rpms increase and i know its something spinning cause of the distinct sound. any suggestions?

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Ok just purchased a 92 gt and it has some minor problems. First my steering pump squeels and it kinda hard to turn and the fluid is black/gray color. Should I change the fluid or just change the pump?
Also my air bag light keeps blinking anyone know what that could be?
Last i believe its my TOB when i rev my engine clutch in or not it makes a whine as the rpms increase and i know its something spinning cause of the distinct sound. any suggestions?
Try and change the fluid first. Pull the return line and flush the system. I'd just take the fuse out for the airbag, but that's just me, lol. And throwout bearing won't make noise with cluth pushed in. Can you try and be more distinctive where the noise is coming from? Is it under the hood?

·
Registered
68 Posts
i would try changing the fluid first you can either use a turkey baister or you can buy a pump from the auto store its like $10 i think, and put some of that lucas in there its supposed so stop ssqueals and hard spots and stuff like that i would try that and if it does not work i would just change the pump so you have no problems in the future

·
Registered
68 Posts
yeah your right lol i was just suggesting a "quick fix" to see if it would help any i knoe there is like almost 1/2 the resivoirs worth in the lines and rack

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
which one would be the return line? Is it the one directly on the back of the pump?

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
Wow this is like trailer park repairs 101 in here

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah haha, i was thinking of using a straw and sucking it out. Any suggestions are help though. I havent moved in my house yet so turkey baster sounds pretty good at keeping it from getting too messy.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
My tremic wines a bit also. But i know its not my throw out bearing. Does the tranny have enough oil? I would recommend in driaing what ever they have in there and full it up with some good stuff.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok the only thing i can think of as far as type of sound would be a jumprope going really fast.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
nobody knows?

·
Banned
3,385 Posts
Ok the only thing i can think of as far as type of sound would be a jumprope going really fast.
wtf seriously that's all you can compare the sound to? lol

On the pump i'd make sure the serp belt is tight enough that your not getting belt slippage on the pulley if it's squeeling that would be the first thing I would check and rule out. Especially since you said it's kind of hard to turn which says to me the pump isn't spinning and doing it's job.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah should I see fluid getting circulated when I take the cap off? I added more fluid to it today and the pulley was spinning but it didnt look like fluid was getting pulled or anything. The prev owner said he has a new one put one. Doesnt look like it though

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok so regarding my wires going to what i believe is my egr and stuff. Well today i was curious and the black tube going to the back of the intake was sucking in air and the others werent doig anything. What should i do?

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
so since nobody can help with my egr crap i will post a pic in a bit to better explain what im talking about haha. Is the egr delete kit on ron morris performance good?

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok so im trying to delete my egr and i already know i need the two bolts for the back of the head and the egr block off plate. One thing that confuses me is why would i need this? link below
RJM Injection Tech — EGR Eliminator Plate

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
not really the info i was looking for. I know that and thats why im taking it off. Anyways here are the pics.

Looks like the check valve obviously. I dont know why the prev owner would do this for the smog pump though.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ok so after some research I came to realize that to del my egr I just need a block off plate and plug up any vacuum hoses. One thing though is do I take off the black hose going to the intake, which is cut in first picture. And for the smog pump I can pull the hoses on passenger side connected to the pump and back of the heads off and put two bolts in their place and run 84.5 belt. Now does that pretty much cover everything? I also read where I would cap off the black and white lines on the check valve also. Thanks any help appreciated trying to do this on the weekend if possible.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts