Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a 94 probe gt with a 5 speed and 113k miles for $1,000. Not a bad deal eh? Unfortunately both probetalks and performanceprobe seem to be completely dead since it's been about a week since I registered and I still can't post.. Soo I guess ill just post here. Anyways it has been sitting for the past 6 years but runs and drives flawlessly. Interior is in great shape. Paint could definitely us some work. Its peppy, and oh my gosh is it fun around corners. The lightest car I've owned is my 95 Taurus SHO and that thing feels like a tank compared to this! It even has KYB coilovers and bfg g force sport comp 2's and doesn't feel like it can out-corner this haha. But yeah it's a fun car. Don't know a ton about these so any information regarding stuff like well known issues and their weak points would be nice if anyone happens to know anything.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
What motor does it have? I know the 2.3(?) v6 is well liked and its actually sourced from Yamaha. Otherwise I dont know much about them.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What motor does it have? I know the 2.3(?) v6 is well liked and its actually sourced from Yamaha. Otherwise I dont know much about them.
It's a 2.5L v6. Pretty sure it's a mazda engine and transmission

·
Registered
4,498 Posts
It's a 2.5L v6. Pretty sure it's a mazda engine and transmission
Im sure youre right. My point is that its a good motor lol. It sure looks good and thats coming from a hardcore mustang guy.

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
Those things are usually beat to hell. Nice find. Yes, its part Mazda, and is based on the MX-6 and 626. The 2.5L V6 is Mazda. Not sure about the transmission. I knew a girl many years ago with a 95 GT with a 5 speed. In the 6 years i knew her, she never had any issues with it. But she babied it. IIRC, it had 125k on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts