Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All right, just finished the install, Paxton Novi SL HO tuner kit (Breenspeed). Started fine ran good no leaks all is well. Took it up the road drove fine no problems. Then I got into the gas a bit and ran it up to about 5k in second and all of a sudden she shuts down, no check engine light, dead, will not start ! she cranks but thats it. I can hear the fuel pump cycling.

So need help as I had to leave her on the side of the road tonight ! What could it be ?

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
reprogram the computer again no tweaks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
You should consider taking your pony to a shop for a custom tune, it sounds like your new injectors are pumping to much fuel and you need to lean it out. I ran into this alittle bit when I installed my centri supercharger, I understand brenspeed is pretty damn good but trust me its worth getting a good tune with a trained professional with a dyno, you will thank yourself in the long run!!!

·
Semper Fi
4,181 Posts
damn that sucks!!! +1 on the dyno tune. did you run the engine for codes? i know you said no CEL's but there can still be underlying codes...check for them. also, did you mess with your TB?

and reload your tune

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Had to get some sleep or at least so I thought, right ! All I could think of was that something major is bad !

I'll wait t'ill it gets light out here in a bit and take my hand held back to the car and run it for codes and then reload the tune. The only parameters I set before was the axle ratio and the RPM limiter to 6100 which Breenspeed had it at 6400, and no changes to the throttle body.

I'll try the reload without any changes and see. Biggest thing is to get it back to my garage so I can mess with it, don't like having it sitting on the side of the road ! Stay tuned and thanks guy's.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, checked it out with my hand held, no codes. Reprogrammed with Breenspeed supplied tune, nothing. It cranks but no fire in the hole ! Checked the fuses for the boosta-a-pump every thing looks good there. No tubing blow off and all is secure, what the fxxx !

Suggestions are appreciated !

·
Registered
76 Posts
Did you check the voltage of the boost a pump to make sure it was working? I think with it turned all the way up it is suppose to read 17 on the amp probe.

·
Registered
87 Posts
check the hose conection at the intercooler, if it was at about 5000 rpm you had about 8lb of boost, that could blow of a hose if not tight right

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Could not check voltage at the BAP but pulled #1 plug and plenty of fuel. Also I checked the hose connections and all seems to be well. Acts like no spark ? Like I mentioned it cranks over, you smell the fuel but no fire.

What would happen if I loaded my previous and non SC tune ?

·
Semper Fi
4,181 Posts
again, did you jack w/ the TB on the install?

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Where are the power adder gods when you need them !

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Emay, hoping you might catch up with this one, what's your take on this.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Give me 15 minutes and I'll check it.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Pull a coil and make sure you get spark, insert screw driver in coil boot set near grounding point and have someone turn over the car, watch for spark. No sparky no starty..
Got spark, but not sure how in line it is with injector cycle if that makes a difference, and I know it's dumping fuel cause when I checked earlier today the #1 was wet from fuel. If I could just get it back to running I'll take it to a local tuner that's pretty decent with FOMCO products.

Could I reload my previous tune (prior to SC) and see if that works enough to get me to the tuner ?

·
Your Mom's Favorite
2,452 Posts
Sounds to me like you're flooded. Leave the SC tune in, but crank the car over with the throttle to the floor. That will shut off the fuel flow and clear the extra fuel in the cylinders. Your plugs will not fire if wet, which may be the problem.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I agree with Grabber.
Also, is the MAF plugged in?

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
You should consider taking your pony to a shop for a custom tune, it sounds like your new injectors are pumping to much fuel and you need to lean it out. I ran into this alittle bit when I installed my centri supercharger, I understand brenspeed is pretty damn good but trust me its worth getting a good tune with a trained professional with a dyno, you will thank yourself in the long run!!!
I agree with the bro here. I did the same thing. Sorry to hear that bro I hope everything turns out good.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts