Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I backed the car out of the garage long enough to show you guys a couple pics of the new hood. It fit pretty good, had to do a little shimming to get the body lines to match up. Made my own screens for the openings. I'll get some better pics if we ever get rid of this @$#%& snow.

·
Registered
191 Posts
you live across from a dollar general? that has to suck!... nice hood.

·
Registered
191 Posts
how did you get the screens in? i have a steeda front fascia and it needs SOMETHING to fill in the gap.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, it does but I went ahead and bought the house because I got it $75k below appraised value. The area is rapidly growing. I plan on keeping the house a couple of years and selling for a nice profit.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Emay gave me the idea of bolting them in from the back. There was enough meat in the back of the openings to fasten the screens in with small phillips head screws and washers. It turned out really nice. When I open the hood it still has a nice finished look.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Looks great! When you get a chance, I'd love to see some pics of the underside of that hood. That's the Cervini's Type IV hood, right?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes it is. If its nice tomorrow i'll try to get a couple pics from the inside of the hood. My camera dont take very good pics inside the garage.

·
Registered
191 Posts
is the hood fiberglass? I cant figure out how i am going to get a grill in the steeda fascia. not to thread jack, but i think i am going to have it epoxyed in. thoughts?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes this hood is fiberglass. I drilled a small hole in the back side just big enough to get my screws started. Epoxy or glassing it in may be your only option. Surely theres someone on here thats installed screens in their fascia.

Anybody???????

·
May 08 ROTM
7,192 Posts
Sooner, my experience is that your going to need to epoxy or glass them, there is not enough meat without doing so. Cut it a tad large and lay your glass over the edges for a good bond.. It'll come out fine..

Muscle, nice work man, glad everything worked out for you. Came out real nice..

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
i agree, it looks great!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts