Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys well i got a 5 peice King Cobra Clutch Kit off ebay (clutch, pressure plate, throwout bearing, alignment tool, pilot bearing) and Steeda clutch kit adjuster(clutch cable, 2 hook quadrant, and firewall adjuster)

now how hard of a job is this

my friend that just changed his clutch on his 240 sx is helpin me i know its a long job but how hard is it really?

·
zippeewannabee
3,221 Posts
its not really hard, me and my dad did it. it is a PITA doing it on jackstands in the driveway though. (no leverage)

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah thats how im gonna be doing it lol

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea well im in NY so its gonna be cold as hell too

jackstands as in jacks for when u change the tires?

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im guessing its not safe to use jacks lol should i buy some jackstands?

·
zippeewannabee
3,221 Posts
most definitely.. the jack could fail and fall. you need at least 2 jackstands for the front

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol good **** im gonna get them right now

·
zippeewannabee
3,221 Posts
ya good deal.. the only hard part is getting the bolts on the starter and on top of the tranny off

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well i think im gettin some huge jackstands so it will be ok the whole thing is gonna be a PITA but ill do it

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
exhaust has to come off too?

·
Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thats gay lol this gonna be a long long project **** once i do this i can change the cams

·
The UPS guy
3,232 Posts
its not that bad dude...it took us about 3 hours....take driveshaft and h pipe off...thats really a hard part....everything is is simple...the big pita is holding the tranny up there and trying to find the pins to line up and bolting it on...that part sucks the most...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts