Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced my flywheel and clutch with a FRPP Aluminum Flywheel, FRPP pilot bearing, CenterForce Dual Friction Clutch, and CenterForce Throwout Bearing. Everything seems to work fine, except the clutch pedal has a vibration. While driving I can lightly rest my foot on the clutch pedal and feel vibration, but if I put a little pressure it goes away. I'm assuming it is the throwout bearing, but it's new. I also thought it could be the cable adjustment and the cable is not releasing all the pressure. It has the stock quadrant and I reset the engagement paw and pulled the pedal back up, but it didn't help. Is it possible that the weights on the clutch fingers are causing the vibration? Has anyone else with a Centerforce clutch experienced similar problems?

·
Registered
6,972 Posts
Should really get an aftermarket quadrant and firewall adjuster. Stock stuff is cheap plastic.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK. Gave the quadrant a couple of clicks. Let's see if that's it. I have doubts but it's worth a try. After reading through the Centerforce instructions I'm thinking the problem is missing dowel pins. I lined up the dowel pin holes, but I'm thinking the clutch might need to be clocked in a certain position. Is this possible?

·
Wiser by the Minute
1,498 Posts
Mine did that and when I pulled out my engine and clutch my Friction plate was warped pretty bad but this was due to my clutch slipping a few times and heating it up. Mine had the same symptoms as yours.

Vibration usually is due to something not being completely square and smooth. Did you have it checked for trueness before you installed it?

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This evening I gave the quadrant a couple of clicks to add some preload on the TO bearing and the vibration is gone. The clutch pedal was way loose. I guess an adjustable quadrant will fix it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts