Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My throwout bearing was busted and replaced the entire clutch with a mcleod street pro clutch with their throwout bearing. after the install, the clutch grabs EXTREMELY high up the clutch pedal.

before the install, with my old clutch, it grabbed sort of near the floor, maybe an inch or inch and a half off the floor, in the same position as it was after the install (aftermarket firewall adjuster, american muscle clutch quadrant, stock ford clutch cable).

so after the install when i drove it home, the thing caught onto gear, or engaged, right at the tippy tippy top of the travel of the clutch pedal. note: the adjuster is in the same position as it was before the install...

i had a little bit of room left to screw in (loosen the cable) the adjuster, and put the cable on the second hook (i forget if it was on there or not to begin with after the install of my new clutch), and it might have loosened it maybe a half inch. still, there's no soft spot at the top of the clutch, and it grabs super high up.

what could be the problem? the ford cable? should i get a different quadrant that holds the cable closer to the firewall? something wrong with the install? i need any kind of help!!

my mechanic told me that there shouldn't be any problem with how it is right now. should i think differently?

·
Registered
403 Posts
It might just be the clutch man, the heavier duty clutches have thicker pressure plates and more prongs that reach further out, so basically it wont grab until the end on the transfer. My spec stage 3 clutch is the same way. Whenever my car works anyways.. >.>

·
Too Soon, Junior!
3,830 Posts
You can adjust the pedal arm with the Maximum Motorsports pedal height adjuster if you have a lot of dead travel in the clutch pedal. I don't think there's any problem in your setup, but you may check out this article to check out the clutch engagement adjustment components: Clutch

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys

1 - 4 of 4 Posts