Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
MM's Orangest
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yesterday I had that loud noise that I "fixed" today (came back tonight). Now, on my way home my driver's side headlight went out. I get home and there is about a half inch of standing water inside the lamp. I took it out and inspected it inside where there was more light. I didn't notice it at first, because of the shield infront of the bulb, but the bulb completely exploded. There were glass fragments all over the inside.

They say problems/tragedies come in threes. I wonder what #3 is.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
check your pulleys...sucks about your headlight ...never heard of that hapening before

·
Registered
927 Posts
that sucks man
-well silicone the out side of the head lamp
-then try and dry the headlight out with a hairdryer or a air compressor better yet .
-then try and put the end of a vacuum to the head lamp to try and suck out the little particles .

I wont tell you about your girl and the web cam ...j/k

keep us updated.

·
MM's Orangest
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I turned that light all the way around and upside down and the only place it leaked from was the 2nd bulb (not the main headlight) or the light that is closest to the side of the car. It didn't leak around the seals or anything just where the power connects to the back of the bulb. I already stuck the housing in the oven after rinsing the glass out. That should help the water evaporate some. I'll take another look at the car tomorrow when I can get to the NAPA and grab a headlight since the other one is in small fragments.

One last question. If the sound turns out to be a pulley, when I pull the pulleys off to inspect them what should I be looking for? A crack or what because I'd like to locate the bad one on the first try not buy each pulley until I get the wrong one. I guess what I'm asking for is a way to inspect or test a single pulley. Thanks

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
Don't worry bro, I kow what is wrong with your headlight. Your car was wrecked right? Well, you have aftermarket headlights. Aftermarket as in Taiwan made ractory replacements. They don't seal as well as factory assemblys and they do't don't have vents like the factory ones either. I would suggest drilling 2 small hole in the bottom of the assembly like the factory ones had. Take a look at a factory light assembly and see where the holes are and drill them. It should fix that problem.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I feel for man. Couple weeks ago i got a "Check Fuel Cap" light. Yestarday I got a "Service Engine Soon" light. And because the streets in Chicago suck and are covered in pot holes, after not seeing one of them my front end started rathling. I'm sick if this winter BS. Not to mention that last month my tail pipe fell off and both of my fog lights went out. When does it end????

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
nah man you'll be ok. the 3rd rule thing doesnt apply to us Mustang owners**knock on wood**

·
MM's Orangest
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well my girlfriend was driving the car today and is still learning how to drive a manual. She put the car in reverse instead of 4th. So there is problem number 3 I have to fix.

Where are the two holes for the factory lights? If anyone can grab a snapshot of them it would be appreciated. BTW I was BSing about the story above.

·
MM's Orangest
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I already replaced the bulb and the headlight unit is back in with the seals sprayed with silicone.

·
Noob Slayer
2,447 Posts
sorry about your car and sorry to get off topic. but what happened when she put it into reverse? i let this girl shift for me sometimes when im driving. and when she put it into reverse before i kept the clutch in, corrected it, and put it into 4th for her. just wonder what happens

·
MM's Orangest
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well my girlfriend was driving the car today and is still learning how to drive a manual. She put the car in reverse instead of 4th. So there is problem number 3 I have to fix.

Where are the two holes for the factory lights? If anyone can grab a snapshot of them it would be appreciated. BTW I was BSing about the story above.
^^^^^^

1 - 15 of 15 Posts