Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a 99 Jeep Cherokee. FINALLY the stang isn't a DD! Now I can rip her apart and not have to have her back together by the end of the day. Going to start with replacing that mach lip and a full detail, followed by attempting to restore the alum wheels myself and putting on some misc. parts I have lying around. Should be looking really nice by spring.

Maybe I should finally get a car cover too :dunce:

I've also never driven something this high before either. I'm sure it's going to be night and day difference from driving the Mustang or my girlfriends Jetta around town. The NVH on those tires is redic too, but the PO put a sound system in there to balance it out.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Get some regular tires, you don't need those all-terrain tires unless you're using the jeep what it was made for. Get some regular tires on it and it will sound like a normal car. I hate that sound AT tires make >_>

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
nice xj i need me a 4x4 too!

·
Pays in respect
2,891 Posts
Was thinking of a cherokee myself. Looks like a great car to dick around in

·
Anandavenkatakrishnan
21,386 Posts
Now that you parked the mustang, you will NOT find a way to not **** with it. :lol

·
Registered
484 Posts
Your gonna love the jeep i had a 99 and a 05 cherokee and they were the best vehicles i have ever owned.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Need a new hood ASAP
Aww snap. If anything it would be the 95 Cobra R Hood on AM:
AmericanMuscle Mustang 95 Style Cobra R Hood (99-04) at AmericanMuscle.com 94004 - Free Shipping!

nice man! I like that license plate
Thanks. I yanked it off the stang. Still working on a custom plate for the jeep though.

Get some regular tires, you don't need those all-terrain tires unless you're using the jeep what it was made for. Get some regular tires on it and it will sound like a normal car. I hate that sound AT tires make >_>
This may have to happen. I am going to rock these through winter then see what is up...if I have money for new tires by then!

nice xj i need me a 4x4 too!
Do it!

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Was thinking of a cherokee myself. Looks like a great car to dick around in
From the research I've done yes, and there isn't much to make them beast looking just a lift and tires. As always, however, performance is an entirely different thing. Just make sure you got the "invincible" 4.0L inline 6.

Now that you parked the mustang, you will NOT find a way to not **** with it. :lol
Haha I agree. As long as I have a garage to rip it apart I'm sure there won't be a time this winter it's together.

Your gonna love the jeep i had a 99 and a 05 cherokee and they were the best vehicles i have ever owned.
Awesome! My mom, buddy, and his 'rents have 2000, 2002, and 2006 Laredo's respectively. No complaints and they just keep going.

Nice dude :yes
Btw after your paint correction car covers are :no
They'll scratch and micro mar your finish etc
Hmm...I'm going to have to suck it up then. Where it sits it has a 450% chance to get bird **** on it weekly. :facepalm:

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
Couldn't you get one of those little metal car port things? I'd just get one of those and use like a bid plastic tarp to kinda shield the stang from the weather and other natural dangers like bird ****.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Then it might be better to actually have the cover, I can pull up some pictures of the havoc that bird bombs do..
Some bird bombs are pretty epic. I swear they eat acid just to crap on your car sometimes.

Couldn't you get one of those little metal car port things? I'd just get one of those and use like a bid plastic tarp to kinda shield the stang from the weather and other natural dangers like bird ****.
I doubt my landlord will let that fly, but if I owned the place I would definitely make that investment

My dailys a 93 grand cherokee its a huge pos but keeps miles off the stang got like 800$ in it
Sweet you do any mudding?

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
What about like clear painters tarps, it is a smaller eye sore, but you could always ask right? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
its JUSA 2V
3,411 Posts
Some bird bombs are pretty epic. I swear they eat acid just to crap on your car sometimes.

I doubt my landlord will let that fly, but if I owned the place I would definitely make that investment

Sweet you do and mudding?
Sometimes witg it its only got a 3 inch lift and 31s mostly for daily, hunting and stuff like that... i used to mud alot and found it starta to get expensive after stuff breaks so i dont purposely dive off into mud pits or anything lol

- Sent from the cellular

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
If I had a diff dd other than the 6er it'd be a civic..

I'll just keep dreaming for good gas mileage lol

·
Still slow.
8,738 Posts
XJ's are sick! Keep those tires on it, or else it wont look tough. You better drive the **** out of it, and sink it in some mud. :yes

1 - 19 of 19 Posts