Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how hard would it be to change over to using this sort of setup on the mustangs? like what would a job like that cost before repainting?

·
Premium Member
14,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ive never seen that....dunno pricing though sry
they are from the lambo murcs, ive always liked the setup. shaving the stock handles and using those and door poppers would give a clean look to the car while still not breaking laws where door handles are needed.

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
I think it'd be pretty cool actually :yes

·
Premium Member
14,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i really think the hardest part will be getting the handle assembly....parts for expensive cars are usually expensive themselves....i wonder if something could be made for cheaper...

·
Registered
978 Posts
i really like this set-up. im kinda wondering myself how much this would cost....i love the idea of shaving my door handles but dont want to go with the Auto-Loc. had too many bad experiences with them. this is nice though. time for some homework!! :)

·
Cum On Me Bro
8,106 Posts
Something like that would probably be cheaper to have made completely custom than to buy a lambo part and then pay for it to be made to work with the mustang. It probably wouldn't be that hard to do your self.

·
Premium Member
14,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Something like that would probably be cheaper to have made completely custom than to buy a lambo part and then pay for it to be made to work with the mustang. It probably wouldn't be that hard to do your self.
modifying everything wouldnt be too hard, only thing i wouldnt know where to start on is creating the actual handle.

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
i really think the hardest part will be getting the handle assembly....parts for expensive cars are usually expensive themselves....i wonder if something could be made for cheaper...
I'm sure you could make some sort of handle and lever out of steel for the latch and sheet metal for the handle itself... :dunno

·
Premium Member
14,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm sure you could make some sort of handle and lever out of steel for the latch and sheet metal for the handle itself... :dunno
and have that chromed would prolly look really good against at least silver. idk this isnt a project that im gonna get done right away. i still have several things on the list to get done including getting my new bumper painted since that is still sitting in my garage back home just collecting dust.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
This looks interesting. Only problem I could think of is being that I park my mustang outside (not be choice) since I'm at school. So where would the water go if it rained. The last thing I would want it water running into my door.

·
Premium Member
14,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This looks interesting. Only problem I could think of is being that I park my mustang outside (not be choice) since I'm at school. So where would the water go if it rained. The last thing I would want it water running into my door.
yea i saw that. the way i would think is that it have some kind of gasket under it.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I guess if someone could find a way to keep water out, like they do with windows then it wouldn't be that bad. Of course if I were to ever do this mod, I would probably seal the speaker out of the door anyways just be safe.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts