Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
The Little 2v That Could
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What up everyone, I just ordered some 26 x 11.5 Hoosier QTPs and some 15" Summit Drag wheels. The wheels are Drag Thrusts, I havent seen anybody run them on our cars, so I decided to try them. Here's a link... Summit Racing® Polished Drag-Thrust Wheels SUM-561-5866PS - SummitRacing.com. And no I won't be running that hideous center cap lol.

My plans are to paint the center/spokes gloss black to match my XXR521s. They should be here and mounted some time this week, but my cars going in the shop this Tuesday or Wendsday to get my HP292s installed and a dyno tune done. The Bullitt should be back on the road the week after next and I plan to goto the last track day of the year on the 16th. Hopefully its cool and I can bang out some 12's even with the stock gears. I think its fair game since I ran a 14.02 @ 101.5 with just an O/R H and 315 toyos. Since then I've added Mac LTs, Magnapacks, removed sway bar, and soon to be 292s cams and slicks. What are you guys predictions?I will probably post some pictures up late this coming week.

·
Best Buy Autotech
697 Posts
I was able to pull a 12.91 on those same tires with bolt ons and tune minus headers, with your set up and a good 60'.. I think it would be a solid 12.1-12.5 car

·
The Little 2v That Could
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Definitely will be posting pics with them on the car, but it might not be until next Sat. or Sun. depending on if they can get it tuned by then. I might have the centers painted black before they can actually go on the car.

·
Registered
865 Posts
As for those center caps i cut mine and shortened them until they were flush with the wheels and tig welded them, looks awesome ill see if i can dig up so pics this was on pro stars though

·
The Little 2v That Could
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I might do something with them if they come with the wheels, but if they're separate then I won't even fool with them.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
I was able to pull a 12.91 on those same tires with bolt ons and tune minus headers, with your set up and a good 60'.. I think it would be a solid 12.1-12.5 car
Without suspension and weight reduction this is a false statement. Im not sure what youve done in these areas. Plus the driver mod. Also with stock gears, id say you would be lucky to hit 12s if you are full weight with stock suspension even with slicks

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
You may have to roll you fenders with those. I run Hoosier 28"x10.5"x15" C07 stiff sidewal slicks on 10"x15" draglites. I installed airbags and rolled the fenders just to be safe.

·
The Little 2v That Could
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Without suspension and weight reduction this is a false statement. Im not sure what youve done in these areas. Plus the driver mod. Also with stock gears, id say you would be lucky to hit 12s if you are full weight with stock suspension even with slicks
I've got full tubular suspension out front, no front sway, and I removed the spare and all the other BS that's in the trunk. Lmao, I think I can improve well over 1 sec.(14.02 to atleast 12.9) by adding, LTs, Cat-back, Cams, tune, and slicks. Not to mention possible negative DA's. I say I'll be lucky to see mid or low 12's, but high 12's... a walk in the park:gayfight2:

·
I smell like beef
5,580 Posts
+1. I don't think some of you realize how fast a sub 13 sec ET is. That's the strange thing about mustangs on the internet : they all have at least 400rwhp and they all run in the 12s or better.

OP, I just received the fast five of the same series of summit wheels you did and they do indeed come with center caps. They are ok looking wheels for the price.

·
The Little 2v That Could
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
+1. I don't think some of you realize how fast a sub 13 sec ET is.

OP, I just ordered the fast five of the same series of summit wheels you did and they do indeed come with center caps. They are ok looking wheels for the price.
Are they pretty good quality, I hope they aren't pieces of junk lol.

And for the people doubting 12's, I guess I just have to try and prove you ladies wrong; with a gopro video, out of car track video and timeslip.

·
I smell like beef
5,580 Posts
I'm not gonna lie, if you are expecting show quality wheels, these are not it. They have a few little place on the edges of the star that weren't fully polished and mine had a few buffing marks. Mine even had some polishing compound on them still. BUT for 119 bucks or whatever they are very nice. Summit even mounted and balanced my mt's and shipped the whole package for free.

Do yourself a favor and get a thin walled socket now. I got my regular craftsman socket stuck in the lug hole and had to pull it out with vise grips.

·
The Little 2v That Could
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm not gonna lie, if you are expecting show quality wheels, these are not it. They have a few little place on the edges of the star that weren't fully polished and mine had a few buffing marks. Mine even had some polishing compound on them still. BUT for 119 bucks or whatever they are very nice. Summit even mounted and balanced my mt's and shipped the whole package for free.

Do yourself a favor and get a thin walled socket now. I got my regular craftsman socket stuck in the lug hole and had to pull it out with vise grips.
They aren't really for show, so that's not a big problem. And Summit mounted and balanced them, automatically, w/o requesting it? If so that's awesome, save me a few $ and a trip to tire kingdom. Although, I did plan on coating the inside of the QTPs with dish-soap to help air leakage.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
Hardly any weight reduction and no rear suspension or flsfc's not to mention stock gears!!! Maybe high 12s if the planets align and if you can actually drive the car but i still doubt it will be that fast. What do i know though.

·
The Little 2v That Could
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hardly any weight reduction and no rear suspension or flsfc's not to mention stock gears!!! Maybe high 12s if the planets align and if you can actually drive the car but i still doubt it will be that fast. What do i know though.
Maybe I can run a 12.999 since I have flsfc's which come oem on bullitts. In addition to the planets aligning I'll need a 50 mph tail wind.

·
I smell like beef
5,580 Posts
They aren't really for show, so that's not a big problem. And Summit mounted and balanced them, automatically, w/o requesting it? If so that's awesome, save me a few $ and a trip to tire kingdom. Although, I did plan on coating the inside of the QTPs with dish-soap to help air leakage.

I called when I ordered to see what the price for mounting and balancing was. They said since I was buying wheels and tires it was free. It says on their site that they don't mount slicks or tube tires for free :(.

·
The Little 2v That Could
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just got the slicks and tires in! I coated the insides with dish soap to help prevent leaks and had them mounted/balanced. I have pictures of the wheels I'll post up in a bit, but they won't be going on the car, cause I'm trailering the car to the shop tomorrow to have the cams installed.

·
The Little 2v That Could
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Here's some pic's...

I coated the entire inside of the tires w/ dish-soap. It's supposed to help with leaks because rubber is so porous. Hoosier even recommends it.

I still think I'm going to paint the spokes/center of the wheels and my rusty wheel hubs black. Also might remove the white lettering. Going in the shop tomorrow, should be finished Saturday or Monday/Tuesday. I'll have some videos of me vs my pop's srt10 truck as soon as it's out the shop. Also, have races lined up with a bolt-on 3v, and a full bolt-on geared 01 cobra, then the track next sunday, so it should be an interesting week.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts