Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Justhad my car dyno'd today. heres the sheet. i took video but for some reason there is no sound at all. Its royaly pissin me off! But oh well what can u do?

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
Nice #'s man

·
Registered
340 Posts
sweet man...what is your setup?

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
those are around the same numbers I put down... what is your setup?

good run btw!

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
I think it's a non-intercooled Vortech V1 S at 10psi with some kind of cams. What are the exact numbers? 428/382?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yes sir vortech v-1 10lbs, stage 1 lunati cams tuned at xxx motorsports here in pensacola fl. did the cams myself with the help of my nieghbor (DSM guy). im glad he was there while it was goin back together that supercharger would have been hell if he wasnt. im happy with the #'s but what realy makes me smile is that idle she has now!!! i fu%&in love it!!!

·
Registered
697 Posts
Awesome #'s man. Our mods and dyno #'s are pretty close. I think my higher torque comes from the p1's boost coming "on" sooner due to the steeper step up ratio.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Lets hope not, that thing wont last long.
I disagree. If tuned properly and safely it will live a long life. I run my car hard and have over a year of DD and about 20 track passes on current setup. If it was gonna blow, it would have already. I'm in boost at least once a day (weather permitting). As long as the intercooled(edit) boost is 10 psi or less you'll be fine.

·
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
8,720 Posts
Wrong! If tuned properly and safely it will live a long life. I run my car hard and have over a year of DD and about 20 track passes on current setup. If it was gonna blow, it would have already. I'm in boost at least once a day (weather permitting). As long as the intercooled(edit) boost is 10 psi or less you'll be fine.
Seems to be lower boost and cams let you push it a bit harder. I still say your playing with fire, you never know when the metal fatigue will reach its limit and let go.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Lets hope not, that thing wont last long.
Should last plenty with a good tune. Local guy has been running 463rwhp for 5 years not with a Paxton Novi 2000 at 10psi and MPH blower cams. If your tuner knows what he's doing it will last. It's best to not push it over 10psi.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts