Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! Im sure there are many many posts on this but, I'm looking to get a 99-04 v6 mustang. I don't know a lot about them so I was wondering,

What Engine Mods to put in my engine on budget for most HP?
Interior wise, Any recommended seat covers?
As I'm on a budget I'm looking to paint myself. I have done this before but what is best paint to use?
What is the best front bumper body kit for 99-04 mustang to get rid of the rounded look?

If you can answer and of the questions it would be awesome!

·
Just startin' out
54 Posts
Check on Amazon for the seat covers. But just keep in mind that the back seats WILL swim in the universal fits. Even with the middle panel zipper on the set I bought, I still have a funny looking back seat. Bear in mind that I AM a woman, hence my black/purple theme. Amazon.com: OxGord 17pc Set Flat Cloth Mesh / Purple & Black Auto Seat Covers Set - Airbag Compatible - Front Low Back Buckets - 50/50 or 60/40 Rear Split Bench - 5 Head Rests - Universal Fit for Car, Truck, Suv, or Van - FREE Steering Wheel Cover: A

I can totally understand doing this on a budget. I just hope for your sake that the car you get was better maintained by previous owners. I've put about $2400 into parts and repairs just as a result of it not being cared for properly. And that's not taking into consideration the additional $500 of work it still needs.

Invest in the Armor All care kit. I think it's like $15 or $20 at Orielly's

·
Registered
129 Posts
I wouldn't wish armor all on my worse enemies when it comes to taking care of the interior and exterior of any car that's cared for. When it comes to detailing you get what you pay for

·
Just startin' out
54 Posts
Whats wrong with Armor All? Seems to be doing the job of keeping the dash pretty. Though the glass wipes don't seem to being doing a damn bit of good as far as 'streak free' goes :p

·
Registered
129 Posts
armor all has bad oils in it that when hit by the sun can cause damage to the dash along with leaving a film on the inside of your glass. trust me buy some f21 or something higher end

·
Eaton Powered
89 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks to everyone so far! What do you think about paint wise. With a cheap car like this is using rustoluem ok?

·
Canon Gang
8,240 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello! Im sure there are many many posts on this but, I'm looking to get a 99-04 v6 mustang. I don't know a lot about them so I was wondering,

What Engine Mods to put in my engine on budget for most HP?
Interior wise, Any recommended seat covers?
As I'm on a budget I'm looking Nox Vidmate VLC to paint myself. I have done this before but what is best paint to use?
What is the best front bumper body kit for 99-04 mustang to get rid of the rounded look?

If you can answer and of the questions it would be awesome!
don't seem to being doing a damn bit of good as far as 'streak free' goes :p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts