Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
amateur adult film star
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i already posted about getting a cobra engine but then i decided i want a project you know buy a cheap block and build it so what should i go with buy a 5.0 and build it or a 4.6 and build it i want 600 hp streetable

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Anyways, have to give the computer to the kid for awhile. If you were talking pushrod, you won't get 600 hp out of a stock block. They are only good for around 450-475 with a good tune before they want to split in half.

·
Premium Member
33,198 Posts
600hp is alot of power to have on a daily driver

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
forged internals on a 4.6 shuld hold just about anything u throw at it

·
Resident Bubblehead
6,190 Posts
a 4.6 block itself will handle more than 450hp, it's the stock internals that aren't up to the task. forge that bottom end, and it'll handle 600 easy...

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
A '99 GT 4.6 is already a good motor to start with. It is easy to take it to 500 hp (crank) or 425 rwhp with a supercharger and a few bolt-on. It's a little harder to take it to 600 hp (crank) or 510 rwhp.

425 rwhp possible mod list:
75 mm TB/Plenum
Intercooled supercharger at 9# boost
Long-tube headers and mid-pipe
MAF.i.a
42# fuel injectors
255 lph fuel pump
custom tune

Additional mods to get to 510 rwhp:
Forged internals (crank, rods, and pistons)
Increase boost to 14#
THR intake
supercharger cams
port and polish heads
a second 255 lph fuel pump
a new custom tune

At 600 hp, you have gone past the limits of your transmission and rear end so you'll need to change the rear end to 31 spline axles, change the clutch and pressure plate, and get a beefed up transmission.

Other complimenting mods could include an electric water pump, aluminum flywheel and aluminum driveshaft.

To keep the car together with that much power, you might want strut tower braces, sub-frame connectors. To get the power to the ground you might want upper and lower control arms. Of course you'll need to increase the stopping power of your brakes by at least upgrading to Cobra brakes.

·
amateur adult film star
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well this is alot of info i have a 4.6 in right now but im going to buy another block and start building it prolly a year or 2 job thanks guys

1 - 8 of 8 Posts