Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I put on a catted UPR x-pipe and went with LM2's...it's very quiet compared to my old setup, o/r h-pipe and Super 40's...I think a lot has to do with running a catted mid-pipe...but it has been getting harder and harder to get inspected, so that's why I went with cats...it seems very quiet at idle now...would LM1's be much louder with a catted x-pipe?

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
screw inspection crap, keep the o/r and swap a catted on when you need it inspected.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
yeah, LM1 will be louder for you. Another option would be a magnapak. IMO LM1's sound like **** and packs actually give it some tone

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
not a fan of the Packs...I like my LM1 a lot more. Of course I have a O/r prochamber.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
not a fan of the Packs...I like my LM1 a lot more. Of course I have a O/r prochamber.
Prochamber with packs is one of the best combination I've heard on a 2v. and I've heard plenty of cars.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Prochamber with packs is one of the best combination I've heard on a 2v. and I've heard plenty of cars.
just not a fan...thats all. Mac Pro with Stings may not sound bad.

·
Registered
66 Posts
You can try swapping the o/r H back on with the LM2s and see what happens. My guess is you'll get quite a bit of trumpeting though. Another option would be to cut out the cats on your X pipe and install pieces of pipe. Keep it so that you can easily remove the pipes and stick the cats back on for inspection. You can get some band clamps that allow you to butt two pieces of pipe together and then tighten the clamps. That would work good enough for your inspection, then swap back to the straight through pipes.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
ya o/r x and lm1 is just....not clean.

I will try and get something with my setup...My camera cant pick up 3k plus revs

1 - 19 of 19 Posts