Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Resident Diabetic...
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally had my exhaust installed/fixed? Long story the shop doing the install eff'd up and welded it all instead of using a flange. The installer was fired on the spot for having an attitude with me lol.

Here are some pics:

New set up: UPR O/R X. Pypes M-80 Mufflers.

Old Set up: Poorly welded everything...

Finished Product.

It looks way too low to me. Don't y'all think it should tuck up more?

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Yeah I have seen them put on an inch higher and lower, it really depends on the shop and the guy doing it.

·
Resident Diabetic...
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmm... Well its f body camaro low at the moment. I am worried that if I lower it an inch and a half it will scrape on everything....

·
Resident Diabetic...
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Whats all that orange stuff on the bottom side of the car?

·
Resident Diabetic...
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol I was waiting for that. Thats from a previous coolant leak from the cracked intake manifold. Its fixed now, and the rusty coolant has been flushed.

·
Resident Diabetic...
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It sounds really good. Just not as loud as you might think. I like the mean muscle-y sound of a chambered muffler, but the drone is just too much for road trips. This is a much smoother sound.

·
Registered
890 Posts
My exhaust is about 1-2 inches off the ground and I only scrap on retarded speed bumps

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
That is alittle lower then it should be. Sucks he welded it all dumbass. I would basically loosen the midpipe to exhaust manifold nuts, so theres some play at the top of the midpipe, put a jack under the crossover on the X, jack it up until it looks better, then tighten it down.

Autozone also sells things in the exhaust section to basically raise where you want to put it up higher. I think mell0 has it. I remember him saying something about them.

·
I wanna SPRAY!
7,461 Posts
Thats just like my setup. It will get louder after breaking in the mufflers. I'm still glad I chose the pypes m80 mufflers over the magnapacks now. They might not sound quite as good to some people but cost a whole lot less money.

·
Resident Diabetic...
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i'll take those old dynomax mufflers, off ur hands if u feel like making a donation :)
I left them at the muffler shop lol. They are really quiet fyi.

·
Resident Diabetic...
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That is alittle lower then it should be. Sucks he welded it all dumbass. I would basically loosen the midpipe to exhaust manifold nuts, so theres some play at the top of the midpipe, put a jack under the crossover on the X, jack it up until it looks better, then tighten it down.

Autozone also sells things in the exhaust section to basically raise where you want to put it up higher. I think mell0 has it. I remember him saying something about them.
I would do that but they welded it all as one piece.

·
Disturbin' The Peace
4,121 Posts
You could go back to the shop and have them redo it, but this time say hang it as close to the body as possible, without touching.
My cats are the only thing that scrape exhaust wise, and I can fit the width of my knuckles under them. (around 3.5")
Angle over speed bumps!

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
I would do that but they welded it all as one piece.
Exactly, so if you jack up the X on the midpipe, the whole system will lift up some. You have to loosen the midpipe to manifold first, then jack it.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
I neeed this cause no matter how much i try to raise my midpipe i just cant get it high enough. You dont remeber what its called do you?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts