Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I originally was just going to have my mac o/r hpipe installed with my flowmaster 40 weld-ins,but after some inspecting the stock was exhaust was in crappy shape. The passenger tailpipe was smashed against the control arm,the driver side muffler had a baseball size rust hole,and there was a nice size dent in the stock hpipe.

So I bought a new Flowmaster catback and had everything installed today. It sounds badass :) I did notice a little power increase,not a whole lot but the car seems to have better throttle response and some nice passing power. Il put up a sound clip tomorrow after the weather clears. Will the exhaust get louder after the new mufflers break in?

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
That's cool you're excited about the exhaust. We don't need a sound clip because everybody and their mom has an o/r h with 40's.

The mufflers may get a little louder, not noticeably

·
Resident Diabetic...
1,827 Posts
Sweet. Glad you like it. The sound is possibly the most important part to a mustang. Lol. Its one thing every mustang can be good at...

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
The sound might change a little bit but not greatly. Excited to hear it :)

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
i got 40's and a high flow x-pipe.. puttin the o/r on tommaorw hope to hear a difference :rockon
Definitely wanna hear the difference! My previous owner had an O/R x pipe with my 40's and talked the world of it but I ended up getting an O/R H and am very happy with it. I'd love to hear a comparison!

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
i got 40's and a high flow x-pipe.. puttin the o/r on tommaorw hope to hear a difference :rockon
40's and an o/r x sounds pretty terrible. I ran that setup for about two weeks before I had to change it. It sounds really metallic and tinny. Sounds ok at some RPMs but horrible at others... You'll see.

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
40's and an o/r x sounds pretty terrible. I ran that setup for about two weeks before I had to change it. It sounds really metallic and tinny. Sounds ok at some RPMs but horrible at others... You'll see.
+1^ :yes:yes:yes

1 - 9 of 9 Posts