video?

·
Registered
818 Posts
including burnout

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
those are muffler deletes basically probably made in china.

I had a set of chinese pypes deletes, with an or/x it was unbearable and actually leaned the car out from 12.5 wot to around 13.4.. scary. with the stock cats, sounded great!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The car didn't come with any aftermarket gauges. :( With a Whipple on it you would of thought they would of put some kinda gauge. I'll be installing a AEM wideband AF gauge this week-end. I'll be checking it out. Then boost and so on,and so on...

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Widebands tend to show a bit richer than reality just so you know. At least in my experience. My a/f on the dyno was at 11.6 and my Autometer wideband typically shows around 10.8 or so on average at WOT/high rpm's. I've got a buddy with the same **** going on with his.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
widebands like dyno's are tools, my point is my afr leaned out a whole point just from killing everylast bit of backpressure on a otherwise stock motor.

and my wifeband reads right around 20.9 during caliberation or when its in free air, seams pretty damn accurate.. Innovate LM-2

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Innovate LM2 is what my buddy has. I guess it could have something to do with where the bung is placed on the system. I've always tried to weld the bungs in as close to the front as possible. On my car with the longtubes I had to weld it in just behind the stock front 02 sensor. Kind of limited in choices.

·
Registered
3,680 Posts
yea, bung placement is critical... actually, the closer to the source generally the less accurate the response.. 36" from the collector in a 3-12 oclock position is optimal for a sensor to prevent contamination by condensation.

all widebands are really scaled differently, it sucks but thats life... sometimes I wonder if people have forgot how to read spark plugs....

what do you think they did without a fancy 5 wire wideband??? read plugs and used their ear's!!

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
Justin Burcham told me to get this last one as close to the front as possible. I don't know...not my thing. I plan on looking into this and maybe relocating it if what you say is right.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.