Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well just installed a flowmaster american thunder classic axleback pretty good fit nice tips but wish they was louder but still sound good but not very loud which I dont like and what can I do to my it loud my car is stock I was thinking mid pipe but dont know if I should go with h or x so im stuck thanks

·
Registered
208 Posts
LTH ( Long Tube Headers) with a H-Pipe (off road will be louder than a Catted one) But, I would go Catted if you have emissions check more so the sniffer. X-pipe usually will get more power gains opposed to a H-pipe but will be a little more raspier compared to a H-Pipe. I hear the pro-chambered are good for deep powerful sound.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I had Kooks LTH and Catted X-Pipe with Magnaflow cat-back on my 05 GTO and its was a beast. Although I did a CAM swap when I installed the headers that might of had something to do with it.lol.. I am thinking BBK LTH and Catted X mids for me with American Thunders. But, that is liable to change by the time I save up.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya I really wana go with power and sound but dont want to sound like a ricer lol thanks for the quick reply

·
Registered
208 Posts

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Go with an o/r H or o/r prochamber.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
No longtubes as I live in cali and would be a PITA to pass smog. I do like the cams. The comp nsr are kind of the forgotten cam as they are not as lopey as hot rods or detroit rockers but according to american muscle and Chris Rose, they tend to get a few more hp out of them then the hot rods or detroit rockers. I did add delete plates and these helped alot. Here are some of my dyno numbers.
Before cams:
302 RWHP/312 RWTQ
After cams
319RWHP/304 RWTQ
Cams with delete plates
322 RWHP/317 RWTQ.

·
Registered
208 Posts
No longtubes as I live in cali and would be a PITA to pass smog. I do like the cams. The comp nsr are kind of the forgotten cam as they are not as lopey as hot rods or detroit rockers but according to american muscle and Chris Rose, they tend to get a few more hp out of them then the hot rods or detroit rockers. I did add delete plates and these helped alot. Here are some of my dyno numbers.
Before cams:
302 RWHP/312 RWTQ
After cams
319RWHP/304 RWTQ
Cams with delete plates
322 RWHP/317 RWTQ.
Nice, not bad! Does it give a nice lope when idle?

·
Registered
1,638 Posts

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
The cams with the phaser bolts and lube was $699 Shipped, American muscle bama tune was free. This tune is just as good as my dyno tune. A friend of mine charged $225 for the install so everything as was around $825. I think most shops will charge about $350-400 for the install.

·
Registered
208 Posts
The cams with the phaser bolts and lube was $699 Shipped, American muscle bama tune was free. This tune is just as good as my dyno tune. A friend of mine charged $225 for the install so everything as was around $825. I think most shops will charge about $350-400 for the install.
Did you need new rockers and springs and rods?

·
The Constitutionalist
431 Posts
:nuts I just bought the Detroit rockers, Hopefully they boost my numbers fairly good... Brenspeed claims 47 RWHP with the JLT 110mm kit and a custom tune and possibly LTs while running these cams?!?! This is going off of memory so feel free to correct me but I just checked it earlier today..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts