Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been debating for awhile on weather to get some stingers or loudmouths, can I get some advice from anybody who has used either of these. And are the stingers really worth the extra money

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
I think Borla stingers sound the best. Second in my opinion is slp lm2s. Another good one is borla xr-1's

·
Registered
961 Posts
depends if you want to run an off road setup. if you want to run an o/r x or h, get stingers. if you have a catted setup, get the loudmouths. loudmouth 1s sound really good with a catted x, but they're WAY too loud with an o/r x.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Maybe you dont want another option but I like my bassani cat back. Its low and melow and not raspy. But the O/R H pipe is going in this week so thats going to change things a bit. Of the other two I like SLP LM but without cats it would be anoying as ^ says.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
Slp lm 1s without cats sounds like ****. Unless it's. Prochamber. Slp lm2 with an o/r x kind of has 4v tone to it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
by law i have to have cats where i live. right now im running an x pipe with magnaflow exhaust, and i want something loud but not so loud its gonna sound like crap.

·
Registered
961 Posts
by law i have to have cats where i live. right now im running an x pipe with magnaflow exhaust, and i want something loud but not so loud its gonna sound like crap.
so you have a catted x? if thats the case, get some loudmouth 1s and you'll be happy

·
Registered
485 Posts
I have a full SLP exhaust and it sounds great. Ive got the LT, catted x, and lm1's. There is a sound clip of it online, but the person who did took the video didn't do a great job with it. I can get a sound/video clip of it tomorrow if you'd like.

Also, have a friend with o/r x-pipe and lm2's I can do a clip of

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
I say stingers they sound amazing

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Here's my LM1 setup with SLP Catted X.

And a track vid (yes, I miss 2nd...no, I don't know how I managed to miss 2nd).

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
^ Car sounds good man. Im surprised it actually has a good sound with the LM1 and catted X.

As far as missing 2nd, it happens. Best drivers in the world miss gears sometimes.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
^ Car sounds good man. Im surprised it actually has a good sound with the LM1 and catted X.

As far as missing 2nd, it happens. Best drivers in the world miss gears sometimes.
Thanks. The key is to only run LM1s with a catted mid-pipe. They sound terrible in an o/r setup.

Yeah...that was the only time I've ever missed ANY gear at the track, so I'm not too concerned about it. Just sucks that it's the only run I got on video. lol Hoping to fix that on Friday, though.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
It sounded good with an o/r Prochamber. But the box on the prochamber acts as a muffler imo. Heres my car with that setup, Im now using a Magnaflow catback (regular) with o/r X

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have an o/r h pipe with lm1's and I get a "dude your car sounds amazing" at least once a week it seems like. Its loud but it sounds clean. I wouldnt have gone with any other setup. I hear mustangs all the time and I have yet to hear one that sounds better than mine but I have to say that cause its mine right?!?!? hahaha

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have the stingers on my gt and love them! I wish they were a little bit louder tho. I'm getting a catted x as soon as I can save up some money. The stingers are in no way quiet. The x should do the job. They have a nice deep rumble when u let off the gas at like 1900rpms esp. when going down a hill.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
borla stingers o/r prochamber, lts,... just fast-forward around to hear em (ps. never let you buddy drive your car)

·
Nile P. Pezdel of Pez Dispenser Inc. CCA
5,502 Posts
Do the LM2's run the same path as the stock exhaust? I have a panhard rod getting in the way, but that exhaust sounds eargasmic.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts