Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed my UPR (pypes) Off road X pipe to complement my flowmaster 40s. I know some people hate the sound of flows but I still welcome comments. It's not the longest video but it'll do until i can get the camcorder out and video me driving it. Also, I'm looking for advice on wheels. I'd like to stay 17" because I just bought new tires. I'm thinking black FR500's with polished lip? what do you think?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sounds great. Did you have fitment issues with the pypes x pipe? Ive seen a lot of people complaining about the H and X pipes from pypes. I really like the way these sound and the price is very nice as well.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sounds great. Did you have fitment issues with the pypes x pipe? Ive seen a lot of people complaining about the H and X pipes from pypes. I really like the way these sound and the price is very nice as well.
surprisingly, no. I didnt. I bought the pipe knowing it probably wouldn't fit. But it bolted right up. Took less than 15 minutes (used a lift and air tools) However I didn't use the little cone piece they provide as i'm not sure where it goes. But i dont have any leaks so no worries. This may not be the truth, but my theory behind the whole pypes rant is that I ordered mine from UPR and it was listed as a UPR X pipe. So my thinking is that UPR has Pypes bend their pipes exclusively for them. While other companies get the pipe that Pypes bends using their specifications. Maybe right, maybe not. It's just my $ .02

·
Registered
32 Posts
surprisingly, no. I didnt. I bought the pipe knowing it probably wouldn't fit. But it bolted right up. Took less than 15 minutes (used a lift and air tools) However I didn't use the little cone piece they provide as i'm not sure where it goes. But i dont have any leaks so no worries. This may not be the truth, but my theory behind the whole pypes rant is that I ordered mine from UPR and it was listed as a UPR X pipe. So my thinking is that UPR has Pypes bend their pipes exclusively for them. While other companies get the pipe that Pypes bends using their specifications. Maybe right, maybe not. It's just my $ .02
Thanks for the info. I think I'm going to buy my x pipe from Upr and hope for the best. The Pypes x pipe really sounds the best, which is surprising with such a low price tag.

I think your Mustang looks good the way it is. Keep the wheels you have.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info. I think I'm going to buy my x pipe from Upr and hope for the best. The Pypes x pipe really sounds the best, which is surprising with such a low price tag.

I think your Mustang looks good the way it is. Keep the wheels you have.
I would go for it. If you run into any snags, carry it to a muffler shop and they can put it on for around $40. And thanks for the compliment!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts