Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i saw a '12 today that had a really cool aggressive rear wing that has two indentations and comes out further than the normal wing on my '11 GT.

It looked to be part of this V6 Cali Special back? (It's not the pedal stool wing).

Can anyone help me with this? What wing is this? Where can I buy it? Will it fit my decklid holes?

·
Registered
701 Posts
Haven't seen a new spoiler yet. Should have gotten a pic

·
Don't BAAAAH 'Til Goatsday
6,530 Posts
hum please do tell more. Because im not a fan of "duck tail" wings. There is 2 differnt type of spoilers offerd by ford OEM. One looks like the 2005-2009 mustangs had. Then there is the 2011+ ones.

·
Don't BAAAAH 'Til Goatsday
6,530 Posts
hum that angel it looks like it is more a rised duck tail style. Can't really tell.

·
Registered
6 Posts
powersrj, that wing you're talking about comes with any mustang with the back up camera. I'm not sure about the fit regarding the deck lid holes, but I imagine you could buy one at a dealer since it's a factory part.

·
Registered
195 Posts
That looks like the pedestal spoiler found on the 302 LS and California Special. If you do a "Build Your Own" you see that the glass roof option has a mention of a pedestal spoiler...not a "Shelby Style" or "New for 2012" spoiler. When a auto manufacturer changes a shift knob it's all over everything...I think a spoiler would be mentioned...

·
Registered
491 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Ducktail spoilers in general look retarded.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yea, here's some (not great) pictures of what it looks like on my Kona Blue 2012. It doesn't stick out as much as that one from 3dCarbon. Looks great in person, but I'm biased :D

If anyone wants, I can probably grab a better picture of two of just the spoiler.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
JB2012, That's it! So I wonder if i can get one without the back up camera.

Thanks for the help. Do you have any idea what they call that?

It's obviously not the pedestal or shelby style...

·
Registered
664 Posts
Ducktail spoilers in general look retarded.
So your saying this looks retarded?

or this

I would have to disagree but im biased

·
Registered
491 Posts
Yes. The rest of those cars - beautiful.

They're rice, imo. No different than having a carbon-fiber/aluminum wing flying 12 inches over the trunk and wider than the actual body of the car.

Hey, 6er then 8er, ... are you saying you disagree with me, with him; or you disagree with him disagreeing with me? :D

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
Yes. The rest of those cars - beautiful.

They're rice, imo. No different than having a carbon-fiber/aluminum wing flying 12 inches over the trunk and wider than the actual body of the car.

Hey, 6er then 8er, ... are you saying you disagree with me, with him; or you disagree with him disagreeing with me? :D
im saying that your concept of what looks good is flawed....badly flawed...though it may be your opinion it makes me sad to think anyone could be that far gone on mustang styling...tear

·
Registered
491 Posts
I think you might be misunderstanding what I said.

I did say those cars are beautiful. No sarcasm, no play on words. Are you saying the hoods and chin spoilers (maybe the louvers?) are outside of mustang styling...? Because I definitely wasn't.

Or maybe you misunderstood my use "rice"? Ducktail spoilers are race-inspired cosmetic enhancements. I wasn't saying they originated with JDM vehicles, if that's what you'd imply... But that's exactly my point, though, about wings: people put them on their cars knowing they're more aesthetics than performance. It's dressup for cars.

And otherwise, if ducktails are just that important. Well, please someone tell me why, because that would blow my mind.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I always thought ducktails or whaletails performed worse then modern day shopping cart handle ones. With said and thinking only looks.. I do like them better then the modern traditional spoiler. I really used to love just the little flip like on the late 60's cars.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts