Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Achieving more N/A power!
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed the new fog lights yesterday, and they look great. Ordered a pair of clear OEM replacement ones from partstrain.com and there is a huge difference. I bought new bulbs from Advance Auto to see if they would be brighter, but they ended up being slightly dimmer but whiter. I think I'm going to stick with the stock bulbs because I'm going HID soon anyway. Just though I'd show everyone what a huge difference upgrading the a clear set makes. And, it's only $100 for a pair from partstrain.com (best price I found online).

·
Registered
748 Posts
nice. im thinkning ive getting new fogs when i do new lamps. nice to see theres actually a difference. what HIDs (temp) are you going with?

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
looks good brendan, thought about gettin the clear smoked ones for mine.. sorry i didn't come to jenro's last week, i was cleaning my car til like 5 then decided some halo was in store to recooperate

·
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
looks good brendan, thought about gettin the clear smoked ones for mine.. sorry i didn't come to jenro's last week, i was cleaning my car til like 5 then decided some halo was in store to recooperate
If you ever want to come check out the cutouts you have my phone number.

·
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nice. im thinkning ive getting new fogs when i do new lamps. nice to see theres actually a difference. what HIDs (temp) are you going with?
Not sure yet... still shopping around, but it will definitely be bright white, no yellow or blue hues.

·
Registered
748 Posts
i cant decide between 4300 and 6000 (stangmods.com)

im going to order soon, since ive finally decided to give my mustang a face lift in a way to speak.

what you think between the 2 temperatures?

and btw is that the s281extreme/s351 wing?

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
looks and performance are not the same thing, those blue tinted blubs are junk for light output

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
so do those new housings look better at night, meaning can you notice them when thier on now?

·
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i cant decide between 4300 and 6000 (stangmods.com)

im going to order soon, since ive finally decided to give my mustang a face lift in a way to speak.

what you think between the 2 temperatures?

and btw is that the s281extreme/s351 wing?
I think the 6000K is too bluish, and the 4300k is perfect, white with no yellow. They also have the most light output.

I have a Saleen wing.

·
Registered
748 Posts
very nice. never liked that hood much...for some reason i really like it on your car. (looked on mand body kit/hood sites and didnt like it then)

also, thanks. i'll have to see how blue the 6000k kit is, bc i just bought that and a bunch of other goodies. all else fails i can get the bulbs andd thatll change the color/intensity.

cool. i too like that wing.

very nice ride.

·
Resident Bubblehead
6,190 Posts
looks good Brendan...
i went with Sylvania Silverstars for the headlights and the foglights on mine...

·
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
very nice. never liked that hood much...for some reason i really like it on your car. (looked on mand body kit/hood sites and didnt like it then)

also, thanks. i'll have to see how blue the 6000k kit is, bc i just bought that and a bunch of other goodies. all else fails i can get the bulbs andd thatll change the color/intensity.

cool. i too like that wing.

very nice ride.
Thanks dood. Appreciate it. It definitely comes down to color preference when deciding between 4300/6000k. Also have to consider that anything besides white/yellow is illegal I'm pretty sure. Not that I don't have enough illegal stuff on my car already lol.

looks good Brendan...
i went with Sylvania Silverstars for the headlights and the foglights on mine...
I've got the same in my headlights, but I'm going to switch to HID soon because I love that look and not many Mustangs have it. It's all about standing out!!

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
I saw you going down Newtown yesterday. It was daylight out, but I thought I saw the new clears.

We were going in opposite directions. Look good.

·
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I saw you going down Newtown yesterday. It was daylight out, but I thought I saw the new clears.

We were going in opposite directions. Look good.
Sweet. I've been going down Newtown every day this week, back and forth to my house in the morning, at lunch, and around 3 when I get out of a school that I'm in down off Greenwich near 264. Infotec Security+ school near ECPI.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Newtown isnt to bad in the mornings. Worse in the evenings though.

Finally got the car back I see.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I bought my fogs off of ebay. I bought the ones that were smoked to match the head lights. I just went to Advanced Auto and bought the Sylvania Silverstars for mine also. Mine were right at $80 for the pair. Here's a link from the place I got mine from. eBay Motors: 99-04 FORD MUSTANG SMOKE FOG LIGHTS LAMPS KIT 00 01 02 (item 190203361764 end time Mar-07-08 09:31:49 PST)

Hey gills99 just fyi americanmuscle.com has their HiDs for sale this month. You should check it out, I was actually thinking about picking a set up for mine.

·
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I bought my fogs off of ebay. I bought the ones that were smoked to match the head lights. I just went to Advanced Auto and bought the Sylvania Silverstars for mine also. Mine were right at $80 for the pair. Here's a link from the place I got mine from. eBay Motors: 99-04 FORD MUSTANG SMOKE FOG LIGHTS LAMPS KIT 00 01 02 (item 190203361764 end time Mar-07-08 09:31:49 PST)

Hey gills99 just fyi americanmuscle.com has their HiDs for sale this month. You should check it out, I was actually thinking about picking a set up for mine.
Sweet, thanks for letting me know, I'll check that out. Plus we get a discount code too!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts