1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
I would go Fore Precision on the fuel rails.

Honestly I'm not 100% about if you'll need a tune or not.

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
not sure why you would need a tune as long as you're using the same injectors for now. i also would go with fore rails.

·
Your Mom's Favorite
2,452 Posts
You shouldn't need a tune, even if you get a pressure drop from bigger rails, the ECU will adjust. You don't need a retune if you use a BAP (the ECU automatically reduces output when not needed despite the added capability of the pump, depending on demand), so I don't see any reason you'd need to for fuel rails.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sounds good gentlemen. thanks for info. im looking at the fore precision now. just debating whether to get the kit or just the rails

·
Registered
207 Posts
Better buy the Fore rails ASAP as they just closed down.

·
Premium Member
22,435 Posts
Better buy the Fore rails ASAP as they just closed down.
It's such a shame.. I really can't believe it. All of the quality vendors in the Mustang industry are thriving right now. Most doing more business than ever before. I guess FORE Precision was just not able to sell the volume needed or it wasn't an issue at all with their revenue.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
is everyone sure i wont need a tune adjustment? i was told last week or couple weeks ago i wouldnt need a tune adjustment for throttle body. so, i switched out the BBK for the GT500 TB yesterday, and today it ran like **** and threw a P0174 code, which is a running lean code.

im not trying to insult anyone, im just really frustrated right now because i cant get ahold of my tuner...as usual

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I still don't think your leanissue is being caused by your tb. Bad injector maybe. Are oyu geting it for just one cyl or all of them?

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
went back down couple hours ago and hooked SCT back up. now its throwing p0174 AND p0171. which is "system running lean in B1 and B2.

thanks for posting up 101, you helped relieve my stress that it is just the TB. first thing in morning i am putting the BBK back on, clearing codes and going for test drive.

could i have messed up my O2 sensors by throwing this code? or once i switch TB i should be good to go?

im also pickingup a rental car and getting the car scheduled for a DYNO tune with new TB asap

·
Not Banned
6,620 Posts
went back down couple hours ago and hooked SCT back up. now its throwing p0174 AND p0171. which is "system running lean in B1 and B2.

thanks for posting up 101, you helped relieve my stress that it is just the TB. first thing in morning i am putting the BBK back on, clearing codes and going for test drive.

could i have messed up my O2 sensors by throwing this code? or once i switch TB i should be good to go?

im also pickingup a rental car and getting the car scheduled for a DYNO tune with new TB asap
You need to revise your tune man. There's a school of thought out there that believes as long as you don't change your MAF size, your computer can compensate for any changes in airflow. In my experience, that's just not true. I've changed my intake mani and nothing else and it idled like **** without a tune. I changed my TB and it too idled like **** without a revised tune. I'm gonna just take a shot in the dark and say I'll need a revised tune for ported heads. P0174 and 0171 can be fixed with a cheap email tune from any competent tuner.

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
no email tune company will touch my car. they want to see it in person. theres too much stuff done to it now to just get an email tune. that is the problem.

the last dyno tune was with the blower, steeda delete plates, mac long tubes, off road prochamber, and brenspeed detroit rocker cams. the cams alone are a PITA to tune.

·
Not Banned
6,620 Posts
no email tune company will touch my car. they want to see it in person. theres too much stuff done to it now to just get an email tune. that is the problem.

the last dyno tune was with the blower, steeda delete plates, mac long tubes, off road prochamber, and brenspeed detroit rocker cams. the cams alone are a PITA to tune.
Oh. I forgot you had a blower. You should try to arrange some sort of deal with your tuner like discounts for small tune revisions.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts