Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got all the parts today, kirban AFPR, rebuilt flow matched 19lb injectors, and a 190lph fuel pump

i got the fuel injectors out and it didnt look good, glad i bought new ones, so far i have the fpr and injectors on, but didnt get the intake on cause im frantically trying to find some valve covers to replace the ones i hacked up.

also does anyone know a rough timeline on doing the fuel pump?

here is the pics, old injectors then new stuff

·
Registered
182 Posts
new parts! its always nice. i just did my pump- drained old gas, dropped tank, painted tank and cover, installed new fuel pump, reinstalled tank. not really a hard job, its only a couple of bolts. you could prolly do it in about 2 or 3 hours, idk how mechanical you are. one thing to watch out for is the gasket on the tank that accepts the gooseneck, mine was really deteriorated and ripped even though i was careful. its a dealer only part, napa nor advance had it. thing was like 30 bucks. just a hint. good luck.

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
new parts! its always nice. i just did my pump- drained old gas, dropped tank, painted tank and cover, installed new fuel pump, reinstalled tank. not really a hard job, its only a couple of bolts. you could prolly do it in about 2 or 3 hours, idk how mechanical you are. one thing to watch out for is the gasket on the tank that accepts the gooseneck, mine was really deteriorated and ripped even though i was careful. its a dealer only part, napa nor advance had it. thing was like 30 bucks. just a hint. good luck.
oh thanks for the save on that gasket, ill go pick it up before i start on the fuel pump, was there much crap in your tank, or on the pump filter?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts