Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My question is, If I change my gears in the rear end to 3.50-1 will that effect the shift points in my aode? And if it does can you tune the computer to run the lower gears?

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
No. The different gears just make it easier for your car to get to that rpm it doesn't change the rpms at all or the shift points.

And are you going with 3.50 or 3.55?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do believe the gears are 3.50's

The whole stories is I put a 94 5.0 and aode in my 69 convert. It seems the rpm's get to high when it shifts.

I've tried a couple of different park neutral switches, because i've heard that could cause problems with the shifting Didn't make a difference.

Have auto meter speed-o, told to install resister in wire were I take signal from Vss censor on trany to pcm. Didn't make a differene.

Could it be computer problem or tranny problem. I have two pcm's, switching them doesn't make a difference.

Any Idea's ?

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,964 Posts
Speedo gear needs to be changed, should probably be a 21 tooth. Take the resistor out. Yes a chip tune can change the shift points. No there is no tv cable.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The speed-o is electronic, no Gears used. The trans has been rebuilt and has 50 miles on it My only problem is it shifts at to high of RPMs, but not much. The resistor is so the speedometer does not steel to much of the Vss signal:

Can the shift point be change at my local ford dealer? Or will the computer need to be reflashed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts