Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all, i was thinking of upgrading to 4.10 gear but I was also reading that some people who do upgrade having a problem reaching higher highway speeds. Doesn't a tuner recalibrate that issue? Thanks.

·
Registered
533 Posts
A tuner calibrates your speedometer and top speed is a not an issue unless you're looking to exceed 140MPH or so.

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
most of the problems you'll hear associated with 4.10's are from manual cars.

auto cars need the gear & it will feel like a whole diffrent car.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
You will have no issues reaching highway speeds with 4.10s. Anything less than 4.10s for these cars when equipped with an auto is a waste of time and money. As far as the speedometer readings, your pcm will need to be recalibrated with a tuner or by installing a speedcal.

·
Engine Desroyer
522 Posts
I have 4.10 gears in my. 04 auto with a SCT programmer and it still does the whole dash!

·
Registered
789 Posts
Your only going to loose maybe 1-2mpg on highway but you'll see an increase on city driving so it balances out.

·
Registered
314 Posts
For the first few weeks I think I lost 10 or more mpg because it was so hard to stay off the gas lol, I would also suggest getting a Drag Radial to get the most out of the 4.10s as they can be a handful getting off the line !

Buttom line is you will love the 4.10's as they pull harder at any speed over the lame 3.27's

·
Engine Desroyer
522 Posts
Yea they really pull thats how I ended up in the ditch! Over corrected!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry I am just logging back in - working with a firewall at work is a GD bitch!! So anyways, thanks for the clearing up the issue on the 4.10 gears I asked about on Friday... didn't want anyone to think I didn't care about the responses. Its time to upgrade the gears!! Thanks all!!

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
Mine as coming out soon if you want to buy them

1 - 12 of 12 Posts