Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey- I'm in the Navy, stationed in the B.F.E. CA, so I work on my Stang a lot. Right now, it's a stock V6 (Minus the cat, and with a slightly different intake setup) but my fiance and I are dropping a 351 Cleveland V8 and C6 tranny in it when he gets back from cruise next year. Any suggestions on how to beef up the rear end?

·
Resident Bubblehead
6,190 Posts
welcome to MM...
lots of military here, 'specially Navy...

·
Resident Bubblehead
6,190 Posts
as for the rear end, get yourself a nice 8.8 (you can find them used for pretty decent prices), 31 spline diff and axles, gears of your choice, upper and lower control arms, reinforce the torque box and you should be set, unless i overlooked something...

·
Banned
392 Posts
Welcome to the site!! Be ready for the 10+ pages of welcomes and talk... but it'll be ok there is alot of good ppl here...

·
Resident Bubblehead
6,190 Posts
Welcome to the site!! Be ready for the 10+ pages of welcomes and talk... but it'll be ok there is alot of good ppl here...
+1. i should have told you to watch out for the leg humpers...

·
Premium Member
14,288 Posts
HIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

·
The Boss is in
23,756 Posts
Welcome. And what made you guys land on the Clevland instead of the Windsor. :)

And for the rear end built 9inch

Or a 31 spline 8.8

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
Welcome to the site...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
351 Cleveland

We settled on the Cleveland because a friend of ours in another squadron pulled it out of his truck and is selling us the engine and tranny for $500. I'm also trying to see how far I can stroke it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
mpboy

So... Navy sucks, eh? Let's see, Ft. Leavenworth would put you in the Army- who takes anybody and everybody, gives them no education or training that actually helps out in the real world, (civilian sector) and somehow manages to brainwash y'all into thinking you're the best. Wow. Whereas the Navy has actually taken me to countries that are worth visiting, (i.e. people aren't shooting at me) and has trained me to easily land a job with starting wages of about $80,000. By those 2 facts alone, I'd say the Army sucks. But this forum is about one of the most beautiful vehicles roaming the planet right now, not the US Armed Services. Have a nice day!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts