·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed on the car,
JLT CAI
FRpp Aluminum driveshaft
xcal2

JLT cold air intake in dark shadow gray, this was not hard to install but it makes it a lot easier with two people. It took a little moving around but finally got it in there perfect.

Pic:

Aluminum driveshaft was pretty easy to install, just took a little leg muscle to break those bolts loose.

Xcal 2 I just had to fix a error I had and now it works great, working on the tunning with joe at trick tuners. Cant wait to finish.:) Sorry for the huge pics, dint really want to resize them.

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
Leg Muscle? They're U Joints! Try doing U joints on a semi tractor. If that doesn't sound hard, I have a Crane bottom that is oging to be replaced. The bolts have about a 4" head. Fortunately they just get cut off, via torch. Ever seen a 72mm wrench? I have a couple hanging on my garage wall.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, when laying under the car its a hell of a lot easier to just break them loose with your leg. WORK SMART NOT HARD is something good to keep in mind. If I could use a cheater bar under there I would have, no need to tire yourself out. I work in the oil fields all day, picking up iron, connecting iron also drive semi trucks but never had to work on one. I would like too but have never had too. Have you ever had to swing a sledge hammer till you couldn't feel your arms anymore and still have to keep working to get everything hooked up? Not sure if you were trying to say something about knowing hard work but yes, yes I do know what hard work is.

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
I grew up working for the family construction company. I worked in the shop the majority of the time. I have labored, operated heavy equipment, driven semi trucks, labored, and done everything in between. I use to assemble and disassemble large construction equipment. I used to climb a ladder to head the 400lb head pin in to connect the stick and boom on out Caterpillar 375 nad 385 excavators.

·
Retired MM Ninjas
12,556 Posts
I was not saying that you do not know what hard work is, I was making a joke about the way you said it. I hope that you don't feel that I belittled you, as that was not my intentions. There sn't a need to get defensive. I just must be alot stronger than I think I am. I understand working smarter not harder. I went to school and received my aengineering degree so I wouldn't have to work like a mule my whole life. Not that there is anything wrong with good physical labor. I often find myself missing it, because it keeps you in good shape. Don't make it more than it is.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ah ok, just sounded a bit rude when I read it so sorry I took it the wrong way. I was just trying to give out a little helpfull hint, if someone was having a hard time getting them off just put a little leg into it and it makes it so so easy. Yap, working like a mule sucks but you have to do what you have to do. I am actually looking to go into school for automotive or computer work, not sure what yet though. It sucks to think that I would have to take a pay cut just to do something I would like to do but on the other hand the work will be a lot easier.

Well for the JLT, I think its ok but the look is not what I would call great. I guess it will have to do till I can turbo charge this sucker which will eliminate the CAI anyways. Just wanted it to hold me off till I get the turbo but from the looks of it might be longer than I thought. Stupid bills. . . . .:)

·
Banned
848 Posts
Oh wow, that cold air kits filter looks rather small when compared to their ram air.
Where the gains noticeable for you zsmach1? Just curious to know what your opinions are on these kits. What made you decide in getting rid of the functionality of your hood-scoop?

·
Banned
848 Posts
the filter IS bigger on the ram air intake.

you can't fit the big filter in your fender.
I was aware that it would've been a problem to get that monster to fit..lol i was just wondering if the gains are similar due to the size of the filter. With the filter being large and all maybe it has the potential of breathing better than this miniature sized one?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I cant really tell if the CAI made a huge difference especially since I installed everything together, im still working on the tune so hopefully that will bring out the full potential of the CAI(and the car). I just went with the CAI instead of the RAI because they showed better gains with it and I thought that huge pipe made it stand out more. I also thought the RAI just looked to be the same as the stock intake with less parts, it sits in the same spot as your stock intake and from the looks of it is less protected by that heat shield. I was hearing a lot of complaints about the heat shield on the RAI so I just went with the CAI and had no problems with the fit. It just took a little messing with and it fit how it should. Umm I did burn a little bit of the paint off because I had it sitting wrong for a day before I could mess with it more and get it in there right.:D I think they are both great setups and I thought a lot about getting the RAI but I just thought this would be a bit more functional, even though I would of liked to keep the hood scoop look to it. I have to admit when you have the part that hooks up to your hood scoop nice and black it looks pretty nice.

·
MM's Orangest
2,885 Posts
I hate the size of the damn filter. That's probably the #1 reason why so many people have a hard time fitting the JLT together in a manner that looks halfway decent on the Machs.

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
sweet! lets race again after u get your tune. i think youll pull on me now:D

ha ha

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks Saleenwolf, Its a bad picture I will get better ones so you guys can really see how it looks.

Ok Will, your on :D let me just put a few thousand into it.

·
Banned
848 Posts
I hate the size of the damn filter. That's probably the #1 reason why so many people have a hard time fitting the JLT together in a manner that looks halfway decent on the Machs.
-1. There are your usual consumers, those who find a need to argue for the smallest things and those who can make it work without an issue. What is it that has you upset with this product? Was not as effective on the dyno as a stock intake? Was it too hard for you to comprehend the installation instructions? Fit? Heat shield? :dunno

·
Banned
848 Posts
I cant really tell if the CAI made a huge difference especially since I installed everything together, im still working on the tune so hopefully that will bring out the full potential of the CAI(and the car). I just went with the CAI instead of the RAI because they showed better gains with it and I thought that huge pipe made it stand out more. I also thought the RAI just looked to be the same as the stock intake with less parts, it sits in the same spot as your stock intake and from the looks of it is less protected by that heat shield. I was hearing a lot of complaints about the heat shield on the RAI so I just went with the CAI and had no problems with the fit. It just took a little messing with and it fit how it should. Umm I did burn a little bit of the paint off because I had it sitting wrong for a day before I could mess with it more and get it in there right.:D I think they are both great setups and I thought a lot about getting the RAI but I just thought this would be a bit more functional, even though I would of liked to keep the hood scoop look to it. I have to admit when you have the part that hooks up to your hood scoop nice and black it looks pretty nice.

Gotcha! Well congratulations my friend.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts