Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!

Name is Louie, about 2 weeks ago I picked up a 1983 GT hatch. Had it for about 3 hours and blew the clutch, fixed that then snapped the clutch cable, fixed that then hit the exhaust on my lift backing out of the shop, fixed that, and yesterday I snapped a second clutch cable....

Ok since I got all the bad things out of the way....

Im a Chevy guy (Flame ALL you want... I brought my suit) but Ford did get the mustang right... Iv wanted one for years so when I stumbled upon this little deal I had to have it. It was set up as a track car but sat a few years untill I got it. not sure all what is done to it but I can list a few things:

Some engine work has been done, I hear a cam and the heads look alot nicer then the rest of the engine.

Edlbrock Torker II intake with Edlbrock double pump carb

Power steering deleted

Had nice headers untill I ruined them, running stainless steel true dual exhaust

has a 1996 WC T-5

a buddy says it also has 4.10 gears in the rear with slapper trac bars.

and a few other things Im sure Im missing....

Competly gutted interior, T-tops, nice American racing rims, new tires, ect.

Plans for the car are paint and geting it to be a daily drivable car for summer. Im also toying with the idea of trading my buddy fo his 89 convert and swapping the drivetrain into that.... not sure yet though. Ill try and get some pictures up later this morning when I get to the shop and take a few....

Oh yea a little info about my self, as I said my name is Louie, Im 20 live in the Fox Valley of Wisconsin, and work 2 jobs, one is Maintenance fixing floor machines and cleaning/waxing floors at night, and I also run my own Auto shop, J&L Auto Repair. Anyone that also lives in the fox valley let me know and maybe stop over!

·
Zippy's Resident Milf
5,592 Posts
:wave Welcome to Modded Mustangs :)

·
Bringing Yellow Back
10,928 Posts
hello, im here from Edgerton

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
:welcome neighbor to the south

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pics as Promised:

Ill also ask this in here, does anyone know if the 83 rear end and suspension will match up to say an 87 convertible? Im swapping a buddy for his but it needs suspension so I was just ging to swap mine over... he said he isnt sure if it would swap. I figured a fox body is a fox body... or no?

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
Yes they will swap out. not sure if your interested or not, but April 9th is opening day at WIR in Kaukauna if you wanted to head up

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am aware, and I planned on heading over there (I could practically throw a stone and hit the track) but had a few personal things come up that may limit me for a bit.

Thanks for the info though! your location says upper Mich. You travel here often or just up to date on the track or?

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
WIR is where I race. I usually race points but this year I will just be doing the RSDs instead. Hopefully start doing points again next year. Im always down that way. My brother lives in Rosendale. Im only 40mi north of GB

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ahh sweet deal, well maybe Ill see you down there some time. Like I said I live maybe 3 minuets away from the track right now (Moving at the end of the month though)

·
Registered
185 Posts
Wow good to see a lot of people from Wisconsin! I'm near Milwaukee in Brown Deer, WI.
Just bought my 07 CS/GT in Jan. My first Mustang and already put a ton of money into it!
[/IMG]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts