Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a few weeks away from buying it, I havent picked out the exact car yet, as I still have to get my old and extremely modded car back to stock and sold, but its a done deal, I am going to an S197.

Planning on Automatic so my wife can also drive it. Thinking about POSSIBLY going convertible but I need to see how it affects trunk space for my stereo (I am a car audio guy)

A little about me

37, Live in Austin TX, originally from PA, moved to Boston for 11 years.
Started off in Muscle cars, moved into air cooled VWs for a while, and have been Subaru's ever since. First Subaru ran 12.7s, second 12.9s and this last one had I ever gotten it to the track once it was done should have been in the low 11's. Alas I am tired of POS cars that have to have $8000 built motors to reliably even make 400whp (let alone closer to the @500 the last one was making on race gas) then sound like ass anyway. That and the "community" has shifted to a bunch of younger kids that act like idiots at every given opportunity (although I suspect that if I met a 22yo version of myself today, I would think I acted like an idiot as well)

So I am doing what I should have done 10 years ago, and going back to where I started. Muscle cars. :D

Anyway, that is probably more than you cared to know, so I will sum it up by saying

Hi!

·
I wanna SPRAY!
7,461 Posts
Welcome to MM. This is the best mustang forum on the internet.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to MM. This is the best mustang forum on the internet.

After lurking on 2-3 other boards, I have to say I agree, and that's why I am here:D. The others seemed sort of dead and from a tech standpoint, fairly worthless.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Yeah for a moment I considered an 02 ZO6, because right out of the box its at and beyond what I desire performance wise, but as my only vehicle, and daily driver, a ZO6 makes next to no sense. I can get the GT to good enough performance, take more than 1 person with me, and go grocery shopping with ease if I want. I don't see a week long road trip with the wife being anywhere near as nice in a ZO6 as it would be in a convertible GT. (planning ahead to a RT66 trip on my 40th)

The good news is I have a pile of stock parts ready for my current car, and its at the shop that is going to be handling it going back to stock, so its just a matter of finding people to buy my parts for $+ their stock stuff.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts