Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK first off I am here here and want to say HI..I am not new to forums tho, so i wont be that stupid newb lol...I am THE TOP poster and senoir member at ranger-forums.com. I have owned a few rangers. looking at a mustang to have fun with tho. thats where i need your help! I have been reading around and like what i see nice site guys!

ok i will get on with it now lol...

here is cell phone pics i took earlier of a mustang, 1996 GT wanting $4000 obo has 116000 on it..stored winters eibock springs, flowmasters, 4.10 and no chip so the millage is acully higher then it should be, short throw, newer trans 5 speed, clean interor black leather. i think thats it, i was running late for class and didnt have time to ask about the motor or anything else i have his # tho...

question is does this seem ok. how are the 4.6L over 100000? i mean it isnt hard for me to rebuild a motor i can do it in a weekend. but any advice on this car would be nice thanks guys...

Also to show I am a motor head. here is my XLT(silver truck) and my recently sold toy the splash(orange/red), Notice the wheels guys

·
Registered
10,512 Posts
welcome to the site. were glad to have ya around. the mod motors are fine over 100,000 miles as long as they were takin care of. looks like a good lookin car, but look a little deeper, get a carfax and make sure you go over everything really well. come stop by and sign the member's map. again were glad to have ya and ill cya on the boards

·
RIP Dennis
76,434 Posts
Yeah the 4.6's are fine...Just depends on how the mileadge was put on them...

For that year a set of PI heads would be perfect...If you get the car let me know I will have a pi swap heads up for sale in about 4 months...

I would get a carfax no matter what...

Your only going to see about 200rwhp from the car...

What do you mean about the chip?

That does not seem to be a bad price at all for the car...

Best of lukc and welcome to the site...

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
Welcome to MM dude, diggin the bullitt wheels on the Ranger :rockon

The 4.6's aren't exactly known for their longevity, though they can last a long time with good maintenance. It's a good looking Mustang, certainly worth $4k in my opinion.

·
Registered
730 Posts
How old is the guy selling it?
I bet he beat on it pretty good, that's what guys are 'sposed to do with a GT.
+1 carfax

If you can rebuild in a weekend why worry about the 100k motor, just move into something else right away?

Welcome to MM and I dig the wheels on that Ranger man. Nice touch.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
L33T said:
How old is the guy selling it?
I bet he beat on it pretty good, that's what guys are 'sposed to do with a GT.
+1 carfax

If you can rebuild in a weekend why worry about the 100k motor, just move into something else right away?

Welcome to MM and I dig the wheels on that Ranger man. Nice touch.
Late 20's ish i wouldnt doupt he hasnt full throttled it hell i mean i would when i got it lol..who wouldnt. I am asking because i would like to somewhat enjoy the car before i have to rip into the motor. i mean hell from what i have been reading for the past few hours on here about the NPI motors is that there pretty much junk. i would look for a newer 99+ PI motor or even a like 03 cobra motor before i would rebuild this thing now. good thing i have a family friend that owns a junk yard.

and thats for all the welcome guys. kinda sad that truck is now sold and gone thats probly why i am so ichy to buy a new project vehical the splash was my project it was a junk yard dog basically...fixed her up...

yes same truck...

·
Registered
940 Posts
That is a good deal, don't worry about everyone saying that the NPI motors are junk....... That is total BS, they may not be as quick as a PI motor but I prefer the body style and they go for so much cheaper cause they are thought of as "old."

But anyway I have a 97 GT with about 135,000 miles and it doesn't even tick. I paid 4600 though and it is stock with black cloth interior. I'd pay for it in a heartbeat.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts