Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello every one. I am 25 years old, married, have a beautiful little girl, and serve as a mechanic in the army. About a year ago i sold my bride and joy witch was a 2000 WS6 trans am that i spent 4 years building from stock to a T76 powered daily driver. Over that time i probably spent about 20K on the car and after i sold her it left a hole in my heart :sorry. I am currently in Iraq on my 3rd deployment and have run across what i think is a good opportunity. Its a 93 coupe that the owner has dropped a lot of money in over the last 3 years. A very well built and good looking car from what i can tell. Here are the specs.

DSS super pro bullet 331
Vortech S trim supercharger
Forged crank
4340 H beam rods
Arp rod bolts
DSS pro x forged pistons
Speed pro plasma moly rings
DSS Billie main suport system
Arp main studs
Fully balanced and blueprinted
Performer rpm heads 2.02 1.60 valves
Arp head studs
Anderson b41 hr blower cam
4130 pushrods
Arp perma-lock rocker arm adjusters
1.6 roller rockers
Polished cobra intake
Cobra valve covers
Performance automatic super comp c4-
Trans with trans break 1000 hp rated with a lifetime warranty
Pro torque converters 4600 stall
B&m pro ratchet shifter
PA SFI approved Aluminum bell housing
PA SFI app flex plate
PA locking dipstick tube
Perma cool trans cooler with e fan
Twin 255 lph walbro fuel pumps
BBK fpr
BBK 75mm TB
80mm pmas
42lb injectors
Subframe connectors
Rear solid lower control arms
BBK full length headers
BBK h pipe
Mack pro dumps
3.73 rear gear
Ford racing aluminum drive shaft
Aem wide band afr
Yellow top battery in the trunk
8.9 to 1 CR built for boost

The owner and me have settled on an agreement but there are a few things that i do want to change. I should also note there is only about 5K on this set up.

1. The rear end is still a stock 8.8 so that is going to be changed asap. I was thinking about keeping the 8.8 but rebuilding it with posi and some good axles.

2.The set up is none intercooler right now. Since i plan on using the car as a weekend driver i figured it would be a good idea to add a air/water intercooler. I was kicking the idea around of just building my own and using the left over funds i save for a roll bar and maybe a extra set of stickies for the track.

This is only my second stang and my 5th ford so i am still kind of new to them. I love the 5.0 engine over the LSX since its all right there and not tucked away under a bunch of crap so i hope to learn a lot from this one and hope to be around here for some time.

I should note i am trading a 2002 2500HD 4x4 duramax for this car. I was asking 10,500 for the truck and i know he has over 15k in parts alone on this car so i feel like its a fair trade but any input is more than welcome.

·
Powered by LSx tears
21,466 Posts
I assume the lifetime warranty transmission is a PA Supercomp? I want one of those :D

Sounds like a nice car. What about suspension? SFCs? Cage?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The suspension is mostly stock except for lower control arms. No cage. And yeap its a supercomp. I had to read the web page to be leave a transmission like that could have a lifetime warranty. My last built trans was from RPM transmissions and was a stage 5 4L60. I think it lasted about 3500 miles :( on freaking DR's

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So what do you guys think. Solid build and worth the trade? He seams like a nice guy and with just a few touches suspension, IC, and of course some traction would it make a fun little street/strip car ;)

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Sounds good. FOr a well built car. 0Car is clean, engine bay is clean, interior is clean. Idk if its worth 10,000, You will never get back the amount of cash you put in it. Do it car looks like it was taken care of. I love the valve covers

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LOL. yeah i know the stang would be hard to get my money back out but if i was building the same car from the ground up the transmission and engine alone would cost me close to what i am asking for my truck ;). Of course we all know how aftermarket parts dont exactly hold there value. The fact is i miss my TA and was searching for a LSX f-body or even a vette but i like the coupe's. My wife says it reminds her of a old persons car but i am cool with that :cool: Plus i like the clean sleeper look.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
What kind of old people do you have around there, running around on Prostars big and little's? If you bought a craparo and shoved the same dollar value into it (the 10,500 total counting the cost of the car) you'd never have half the car. Realistically, you shouldn't settle for something that you're unsure of, so see if he want's to trade it for a high mileage 02 Tahoe for me, would ya?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
LOL. I will get right on that for you... Just um dont hold your breath too long ;)

I used to have a 05 GT with the normal bolt on stuff (K&N filter, SLP exhaust, predator, etc) and she liked it. So when i told her i was thinking about a mustang she got very excited. When i sent her some pics i could sense her excitement dropped just a little.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Fox's and chics don't always go hand in hand. My wife has a 99 New Edge, but I have a project 89 that I was going to do for her. When I mentioned possibly going in on the 89 with my buddy and selling it off, she didn't even blink. She's hot a huge fox lover either. But you're not buying it for her anyway, are ya? LOL

·