Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all!
Names Charlie Ridinger. I live in Findlay, OH. Great town, low crime rate, nice neighborhoods, couple fox body mustangs running around. I currently have 2 'Stangs, both coupes. The first one is my current passion. It's 1993 Notch. It started life as a mundane 4cyl/Auto car. I traded a 1995 GT ‘Vert with less than 100k miles for it. When I got it, it had a cobbled up hot mess of a carbbed 302/4cyl T-5/T-Coupe 3.73 rear installed. Over the next year I slowly got the interior back into shape, got the gauges working, HVAC, stuff like that. Then I started on the mechanical things. There was a older pulse style fuel pump feeding the engine, and it was running out of fuel. Then engine was a late 80’s roller, with stock cam/heads, UDP’s,Edelbrock Torker 289 intake, 600 Edelbrock carb, MSD pro billet dizzy, 1.7’s, 1 5/8” Shorty’s and 2.5 dumpped flow’s. I had to buy a 72gph carter fuel pump to feed it. Ran worlds better. I then started to upgrade other things. I bought a Pro ripper for the T-5, some BBK Lower control arms, did a 5-lug swap with V8 Spindles, Mark VII rotors and calipers. For the rear I ran ranger axles and 1998 Merc. Grand Marquis discs. The rear was from a t-bird turbo coupe with 3.73’s. I then topped it all off with a set of 1996 cobra’s looks killer. I also started doing other things, like a strut tower brace, rear seat delete, things like that. But then the engine started having some serious problems, namely tons of blow by. So about a year ago I decided to tear it down for a correct rebuild. Upon disassembly I found that 4 pistons had the ring lands destroyed. But the dumb thing would still melt the tires.
So after I pulled the engine, I found a killer deal on a 1993 GT that had about 80k miles, but was a Michigan car, so it was rotted almost completely away (but had PERFECT shock towers?). Paid 250 for a running driving car. So I stripped it to nothing, saving the correct V8 parts for my notch. Sold off the perfect black interior for 500 bucks and then saved all the other parts. That way I have the wiring, Mass air harness, A9L, V8 fuel lines, Fuelie 302, and V8 T5 for my notch (Trans was a fresh rebuild… but that was stolen by a so called friend). So I finished tearing it apart, pulled the dash, engine bay wiring, fuel lines, brake lines, carpet, and console, everything to go ahead and swap the GT parts. Well here my plans went a little astray. I found online a guy that swapped in a SN95 dash. Since my car was that far down I decided that I was going to do that too. So I acquired the dash, console, HVAC box, steering column, carpet and pedals from a 2001 GT. I also grabbed the steering rack, front brakes, steering shaft, and the bearing section from the firewall from the same car. I also picked up a 1995 V6 dash wiring harness, brake booster/ master cylinder. As of right now, the dash is in the car along with the pedals, HVAC box, Booster/MC, and 1993 GT wiring. I am going to get it all together with the stock 302 from the GT and re-use the 4cyl T5 for now. I have a lot of performance parts to go on it, namely a trick flow track heat intake, FMS E-cam, Cobra 1.7’s, C.A.T. UDP’s, FMS Shorty’s and some other stuff.
The other ‘Stang isn’t this involved. It’s mostly a stock 1990 Notch. My wife drives it daily. It’s still a 2.3, T5 car. I have done a little to it thought. I swapped the V8 sway bars to it, installed the Pony’s from the 93, installed a Hurst short throw shifter and since it had ne muffler when we got it, a 2.5” turbo muffler with a turn down. It’s the red car in the pics.
Sorry for the novel. But I just love these things. If I can help anyone I will. I have tons of info on the dash swap, what will work and what won’t. Plus info on what works and what won’t on 5-lug swaps, mod motors in fox’s and wiring. Thanks for having me. I look forward to contributing as much as I can
Charlie Ridinger

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
:welcome to MM :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
CHarlie's always willing to write a book about his car, if anyone would read it that is! haha

just messen with ya buddy

-mike

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
That has got to be the longest introduction I have ever seen. lol

Welcome to the board.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That has got to be the longest introduction I have ever seen. lol

Welcome to the board.
I have a problem about being thorough. Right now I have the SN95 dash in, everything electrically is working. Now I just need to change my fuel tank, swap fuel lines, drop the engine in, and plumb some brakes....

·
Administrator
76,434 Posts
Welcome To The Forums...Please Enjoy Your Stay...

·
Registered
588 Posts
welcome!

·
Registered
978 Posts
really nice dash, welcome to MM and have fun in here!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well I am done with the dash part now. I have to pull it out one last time though, i forgot to install the factory sound deadning. Plus I need to pull it so i can install the charcoal carpet. I am going to pick up the seats this weekend. I got the gauges installed thursday night. Using factory 95 GT cluster. 99% of the wires are the same color. I also have EVERYTHING working, wipers, lights, HVAC... everything. should have the fuel lines/tank done with this weekend. I am also going to try to get the 2001 GT brakes installed too. that way I can get the 5-lug stuff swapped over onto the red notch. Giving the Wifey the cobra's. It's that or I have to sleep on the couch....

I will have a Video here soon of semi completed interior.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts