Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I just signed up and wanted to introduce myself. I have a 110K all stock except for a K&N FIPK 96 mystic cobra. I want to do an exhaust catback upgrade here soon but I don't know which company performs the best. (I want the most hp out of a catback). Anyways, I'll be around asking as many questions as I can. My goal is to get at least 400 crank hp out of my all stock engine (no internal mods). Thanks again guys. And I look forward to meeting you'll! :cool:

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
nice ride and :welcome

·
Is the game, Ross is the name.
2,072 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
978 Posts
Welcome to MM bro!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks again guys. Does anyone know which catback will give me the best performance?

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Thanks again guys. Does anyone know which catback will give me the best performance?
Catback Exhaust Systems
When it comes to catbacks, go for whatever you think sounds the best. Use friend's, or online exhaust clips, for reference on their combos to find out what sound you like. They will all make decent power gains, but the difference is negligable from one to another most of the time. Some mufflers will sound better with and H-pipe, and some better with an X-pipe. A GENERAL rule of thumb is that a chambered muffler will sound better with an H-pipe, and a straight-through muffler with sound better with an X-pipe, though this is not always the case (my H-pipe and Magnaflow combo sounded amazing).
This was quoted from the SN95 Cobra Mod Sticky in the 4V/SVT Section
http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/4v-svt/72663-basic-mods-your-sn95-cobra.html

·
Registered
113 Posts
welcome to MM

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Hey thanks man. Think I should get the flowmaster catback or the magnaflow catback? Which one will yield more power?
There was a test with a bunch of different mufflers involved (dont remember what engine the test was done on, or which specific mufflers were used) but the magnaflow mufflers yielded an extra 2 or 3 hp than the flowmasters did. however i think flowmasters typically sound better than magnaflows.

you could head over here for more informaion: 4V / SVT Forum

and you can use the search feature near the top right of the screen to see if someone else has already asked the question.

·
Registered
641 Posts
welcome man.. I used to live in Mooresville, NC.. how long have you had that car becuase I swear I have seen it before?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
There was a test with a bunch of different mufflers involved (dont remember what engine the test was done on, or which specific mufflers were used) but the magnaflow mufflers yielded an extra 2 or 3 hp than the flowmasters did. however i think flowmasters typically sound better than magnaflows.

you could head over here for more informaion: 4V / SVT Forum

and you can use the search feature near the top right of the screen to see if someone else has already asked the question.

Thanks, man! Guess I'll go with the flowmasters. Now for the next question. Which h-pipe should I get or should I just stick with the stock h-pipe? And what about headers? :D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts