Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I’ve been a long time lurker here so I figured I’d finally introduce myself. A few months back I picked up an ‘09 base V6 with a stick and only 70k miles. It came with true dual exhausts, a CAI, and was lowered about an inch and a half.
Since buying the car I’ve done a few exterior changes like throwing on some 18 inch foundry wheels from the s550 and adding an oem rear wing. From here my plans are to paint and install a GT500 rear bumper cover I picked up recently, take out some small dings and dents from the previous owner, upgrade the interior, possibly add shorty headers, then possibly tune to compliment the mods just to get a little more push out the V6.
I know performance should be a priority but it doesn’t seem like there’s a lot of potential for the 4.0, so I figured to just try to keep it as clean as possible and get what I can out the motor.

I’m really excited to be a part of this forum (first time ever joining a forum) and hope you guys wont be too hard on me if I make rookie mistakes!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hi and welcome! Performance doesn't have to be priority, it all depends on what you want. I have a 03 Mach 1 and I don't care about performance right now. I'm more worried about looks, performance is last on my list. People here are pretty nice and helpful, don't worry about making mistakes. Although Facebook and IG have really hurt forums over the last several years, hopefully people start coming back to them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mike! I actually owned a 2000 V6 as my first car and I gotta say, that generation’s Mach 1 is probably one of the best looking mustangs in my honest opinion. And I agree, it definitely seems as if social media has impacted the forums from what I’ve seen, and its a shame because not everyone is too keen on having social media.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
178 Posts
I think the 99-04 body style is the best. It is sad how social media has impacted forums, but I've seen them more active as of lately. Maybe it'll make a come back. Finding info on social media is a pain in the butt, forums are so much better. BTW I'm from Cali also, lived in Fresno, moved away when I joined the military. I hate driving anywhere near LA, we just went home for Christmas and bypassed LA.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah the 99-04’s are definitely one of my favorites as well but I gotta say the look of the 2013/14’s have won me over since the moment I first saw one. Also, it seems as if there has been a bigger focus on showcasing a car for the likes than talking about the build in recent years, at least from my observations.

Yeah LA traffic is horrible! But after driving for 4 hours to go only 70 miles from Santa Monica to Riverside during rush hour a few times, LA traffic never seemed quite as bad! LOL

·
Registered
178 Posts
Well, my car is far from perfect and once I get the engine replaced I'll be focusing on looks 1st. It's fast enough for me now, but we'll see after I get the cosmetics down and upgrade some much needed stock parts. At least you are in a place where you can drive all year long, I'd hate to live up north somewhere.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What are you planning to do with your car, just restore it or are you going to go with aftermarket parts as well?

·
Registered
178 Posts
What are you planning to do with your car, just restore it or are you going to go with aftermarket parts as well?

I'll get some aftermarket parts, it needs a lot of work. I'm sure everything is stock and original on the car. Here is a short list of replacements/upgrades I want to do...

New clutch
Driveshaft
Short throw shifter
lowering springs
Upper/lower control arms
Replace weather stripping on the doors
New CD player
New headlights
New fog lights
Change dash and A/C lights to LED's
New carpet and mats
New front seats (complete)
New wheels

I'm missing some things and it's gonna take some time to do all this. But, I plan on having this car for a very long time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts