Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
I Eat Baby Stangs
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, my name is Mark, i'm from Middletown, Pa. i dont have a Mustang, but i'm not a troll, so dont worry. I come kinda from a family of Fords. My dad has a 2009 Ford Focus SEL, my step mom has a 2009 Ford Fusion S, my step dad has a 1994 Ford Ranger STX, my brother has a 2004 Ford Ranger XLT, and my girlfriend has a 2009 Ford Fusion SEL. My brother had a Ranger before his 04, that he wrecked into an embankment at 80mph.

From there i was sold on Ford safety. Anyway, about my cars. i had a 1989 Ford Temop GLS 4 door auto for my first car, and it was my first love. i put 4400 bucks into it to make it faster and look good. I blew the original motor at 249,999 miles, replaced it, and drove it 3 more months until it blew the new one from racing. My mom made me get rid of it because she thought it was too fast and sporty for me, and would do nothing but get me in trouble. So she loaned me 2 grand to get a 'newer' car. So i bought a 1995 Mercury Mystique 2.0 5 speed, which is way less sporty, but much faster stock. She said i wasnt allowd to do anything with it performance wise, or atleast until i had paid her back. So finally i got her paid back, and a few days later i blew the transmission. So i had to borrow from her again, and once i had her paid back for the transmission, i started toying with the car, first things first, i HAD to hollow the cat on it. the car wouldnt rev above 4,000RPM. once i had that punched, i noticed a huge gain in power, next i cut out the resonator and replaced it with the glasspack, but that wasnt good enough, so i cut off the muffler and ran the pipe out the side, but something was still missing. i ended up buying an intake for a Civic off my friend and cut it to fit. That completed the car for a bit, but then it still was boring looking, so i put side skirts and a rear spoiler on to practice some body work, then gutted out the back half of the car to save some weight and make more room for hauling things. The car has been used for towing a few friends cars, hauling things for work, off roading, and drag racing. But, the car is so reliable and was getting really good gas mileage and i didnt want to mess it up. So i started looking into buying another Tempo GLS because a bunch of people from the Tempo forum started bugging me to get back into the Tempo business of things, so April 30, 2009 i got a 1988 Ford Tempo GLS project car. Its a 2.3 Auto like my old one, and its all getting redone. i just went to Pittsburgh to get an engine and a bunch of other parts to get the project started and i got 38.7 MPG from the Mystique hauling a 2.3 cast iron engine and other parts.

The engine is getting bored .030" over, 1.7 rockers (has 1.6 stock), aftermarket Lunati cam, molly rings, porting the heads and intake manifold, header, and i'm grinding the head down for a higher compression ratio. it should be making close to 180 hp and 180 tq all motor and should be running in the low 14's in the 1/4 mile. and when i get some money saved up, i'm going to port another head, but not shave it to keep the compression ratio lower so i can run a supercharger and maybe get down to the low 13's or even high 12's. Not bad for a Tempo.

The reason i joined the site is becase, first of all, i love Fox Body Mustangs and a lot of parts and interchangeible to the Tempo. Oh, and my girlfriend wants a hot pink notch back 5.0 for racing.

·
I Eat Baby Stangs
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
here are some pics...

The "too fast and sporty" 89 Tempo GLS 4 door

The stock Mystique

modded Mystique (side skirts and spoiler)

2.0 Zetec

The 1988 Ford Tempo GLS 2 door project
the day i got her

what it looks like now (just cleaned up a bit)

yes the rear spring is broken

the engine cleaned up before the machine shop

i'm a bit of a picture and clean engine whore

·
King of Clubhouse
5,277 Posts
this is moddedMUSTANGS.....

haha jk welcome!!!!

So you gonna buy her a hot pink fox body? Thatd be cool!!

Great place to be alot of good people here!!

·
I Eat Baby Stangs
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks man, i would love to get her a pink notch back. she says she need either an old bronco or f-150 first for a winter vehicle, so probably in a couple years, if all goes well haha. oh here is a video of my car running a 17.3 against a nice 5.0 GT.

my car runs a 16.989 at 82.01 now without the back half of the interior.

·
I Eat Baby Stangs
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks, cute kid btw

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
Hey man :welcome

See ya on Wednesday Mark

·
I Eat Baby Stangs
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks man. you have any luck with the cluster on ur car?

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
Yep; we're good.

·
I Eat Baby Stangs
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
awesome, did Hoffman Ford fix it for ya, or did you do it urself?

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
awesome, did Hoffman Ford fix it for ya, or did you do it urself?
Fixed it myself. Do get things done right now a days you have to do them yourself. Don't worry, Randy's going to hear about it.

·
I Eat Baby Stangs
3,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks...

i'll tell her what you said. I guess she just wants to stand out, but right now she has a Dark Ink Blue 2009 Ford Fusion SEL.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts