Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I'm not too good at introductions but, here we go.
My name is Clint, 25 years old and I live near Fort Bragg, North Carolina.

I don't have a Mustang at the moment; but I am looking into buying one. I have two in mind right now and I am going to look at them later on today. I figured that I would check this website out and find out as much as I can about these things.

The two cars that I'm going to look at are owned by the same guy. They've both started life as a 4 cyl. One is a 1989 Mustang LX hatch, and the other is a 1990 LX Notch. Both cars have been converted to V8s. One has a 302ci and the other has a 306ci. I'm going to go and see which one is in better shape, drivetrain and body wise.

Thank you in advance to any information that you guys share with me on here.

Clint

·
Registered
179 Posts
welcome to the forums and post pics of the car you get

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Welcome to the Forums Clint.

Both the 302 and 306 are 5.0L. The 306 is simply a .030 overbored 302. If the 1990 Lx Notch is in better condition, i would get that. Its street value is better than the HB, and its also lighter for track/race duty. Obviously, if its cheaper.. that also should entice you to pick it up. Good luck with your purchase.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. both cars are going for the same price. I'm trying to figure out why the guy only wants $1,200.

·
Resident Bubblehead
6,190 Posts
welcome to MM...

·
RIP Dennis
76,434 Posts
Welcome to the site...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow, you guys sure know how to make someone feel welcome. I came from another site... BlazinLow to be exact.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Rainbows Mechanic
1,612 Posts
welcome to the site yo

1 - 19 of 19 Posts