Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m a new guy to this Forum just thought I would introduce myself and get to know everyone in here. I’m am currently working on my latest Mustang dubbed Project Mongoose, the goal being to toast a modded 4V 03-04 Cobra and GT 500 with a 2V GT. I’ve been working on this project off and on since 2007 and has been slow going due to some out of country detours, but eventually I will get back in between my tours to finish up my project. Hope I don’t upset some of you snake lovers, (I love the Terminators and GT 500’s myself) nothing personal just thought I would work on something interesting and challenging.

·
Registered
640 Posts
You should already be able to take a stock Termi and maybe even Shelby. I have beaten a Shelby GT500 with my 150 shot

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You should already be able to take a stock Termi and maybe even Shelby. I have beaten a Shelby GT500 with my 150 shot
I think i may be able to beat one stock, but usually, especially in my neck of the woods there pretty heavily modified making upwards of 650 plus HP. The end goal is to be able to dust one of them so I will be able to wear the Mongoose Badge without being made a fool.

·
Registered
11,354 Posts
Sounds like fun, my cars more of a street car thats a complete sleeper.

never heard of the whole mongoose thing...care to enlighten me?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Mongoose vs. Cobra goes way back..
They used to pit the animals against each other (ala Dog Fight)
Back in the day. Probably still do it in some contries.. :)

It used to be regarded as a pretty even match-up. Obviously, the Cobra has the size and venom advantage, but a Mongoose was known to be deadly-fast with it's claws and teeth.

OP- Welcome to the board- And thanks for serving our contry overseas!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mongoose vs. Cobra goes way back..
They used to pit the animals against each other (ala Dog Fight)
Back in the day. Probably still do it in some contries.. :)

It used to be regarded as a pretty even match-up. Obviously, the Cobra has the size and venom advantage, but a Mongoose was known to be deadly-fast with it's claws and teeth.

OP- Welcome to the board- And thanks for serving our contry overseas!
Thanks for the welcome, and Spot on about the ferret looking mongooses/ Cobra fights, I have not seen one up close but I have heard some of the guys talking about it and that's how i came up with the idea for the name of Mongoose. Out in the wild the mongooses are usually in packs when they attack a venomous snake but they do one on one mongoose cobra fights kinda like the dog fighting over in the States.
As far as the name of Mongoose ever being used for the name of an automobile i think its only been used on kit cars and matchbox cars. I just thought it would be the perfect name for my project of trying to beat a modded up GT 500 super snake with my puny little 2V. Granted I will probably spend dollar for dollar as much money as the guy who put 50 grand on a GT500 new and another 10 or so for them to get 650 or more horse but I will have more fun doing it and a pretty interesting story to tell after all's said and done.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
I would def change the heads if you are planning on keeping it 2v.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
You've never heard of Rikki-Tikki-Tavi? What a neglected childhood.

Rikki-Tikki-Tavi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They were imported to Hawaii to help control the snake problem. It worked so well that Hawaii ended up having a mongoose problem.

MPH has named their supercharger kits the Mongoose kit. It has a very good reputation.

Modular PowerHouse

Reactions: M.P. Cobra Fan

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
Welcome to the board. I don't think any snake fans would be mad if you beat them.

You say "wear the mongoose badge", are you planning on getting a custom emblem?
Good luck with the build.

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
welcome to the forum man! and thanks for serving our country :usa your project sound like a blast. you should spend alot less than them after everything. there are guys here running 540 rwhp and arent done you should talk to B0B and bakerfx4.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You've never heard of Rikki-Tikki-Tavi? What a neglected childhood.
Afraid that was a couple years before my time I was born in the Late 70's..Lol, Plus I had a New England childhood where I spent most of my time trying not to get beaten down by the Nun's so I was a little oppressed.:sorry I do remember looking at the mongoose kits before I got my Procharger. I almost bought it but the Brian Metzger at THR gave me one heck of a deal on my Procharger.

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
I was born in 1975 and know RTT. Thanks for making me feel old. :mad:

:D

·
Banned
7,007 Posts
Welcome to the boards. You're going to find a lot of good info here, and you'll need it if you are wanting to dust 650 hp cars. Do you have a list of mods you have now and plans for what you're doing to get to 650? And then the drivetrain and suspension mods to hold the power and put it to the ground?

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
I was born in 73 and remember RTT.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Damn Ke^in-
I took you for younger than that...
Don't know why.... :tomato

'74 FTW!

·
Registered
11,354 Posts
Wow your all old.

But um sounds like a fun build. Everything your going to do has already been done. So dont be afraid to ask questions because we WILL have an answer. We have a very diverse set of members.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Damn Ke^in-
I took you for younger than that...
Don't know why.... :tomato

'74 FTW!
Because I still look like I'm 14 :p

Actually I look nothing like that above. It was a goof pic. But that is me.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts