Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi im new to MM. I have an 03 Mustang GT vert..only flowmasters on it and 01 cobra rims,,nice and clean.. I was going to begin modding it but decided to just save because at the end of the day a hooked up GT runs with lightly modded cobra's and is "just" a GT. I want to switch to an 03 cobra. But im divided on choosing on the convertible or the coupe. They run for about the same price down here in south florida. I really liked having a convertible and so did many of my female friends;). I want this car for performance. Is the performance of a convertible that much of a difference from the coupe. And does anyone know the stats on how much they each weigh? Thanks a lot..Heres my GT..Thanks for any help:)

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
welcome to the forums,. the verts are at a little disadvantage because of weight. if this is just a street car, then dont worry about it. the differences isnt going to really be able to tell on the street. therefore make your ride what you want and enjoyable and get your vert if thats what you are looking at wanting.

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
welcome to the forums,. the verts are at a little disadvantage because of weight. if this is just a street car, then dont worry about it. the differences isnt going to really be able to tell on the street. therefore make your ride what you want and enjoyable and get your vert if thats what you are looking at wanting.
:withhomo

I love my vert. If I ever decide to upgrade to a Termi it's going to have to be another vert.

·
Premium Member
10,464 Posts
:welcome

·
It's in the details Mod!
11,051 Posts
Welcome to the boards. As a fellow vert owner myself I say if you like it, run with it. However, this is the big but, if you plan on tracking the car, get the coupe. At NHRA tracks you must run a 6point roll cage in a vert if you are over 13.49 in the 1/4 mile. Keep this in mind with your decision on what to get.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
jajaja lefty your avatar is hillarious....sf stangs welcome to mm, nice car by the way just drop it and it would look even better, and as for the cobra, get what you want that way there wont be any regrets

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks to all,,and yes I just can't imagine not being able to put the top down and my car also has a lightbar*

1 - 8 of 8 Posts