Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
1993 Mustang LX Hatchback
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to forums in general and just have some questions to anybody with a 2.3L Mustang/ Mustang LX about any good online sites to buy replacement parts
And my car at the moment has no radio or speakers or any wiring for speakers what sound system would sound good in a mustang foxbody?
I guess im looking for help on where to turn for replacement parts
and some suggestions on a sound system and what would look good in it.

·
Banned
3,511 Posts
Try Rick Ruffino of Ruffino Mustangs up in Missouri. He'll ship, very good guy to deal with.

At the end of the day I guess the real question is, what kind of parts are you looking for? I have quite a few as well.

·
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess what i wanna do is build it up to a 5.0 motor eventually.
but i know i wanna repaint it and restore what i can on it like seats and the interior and dashboard and what not.
just not exactly sure where to start

·
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
idk maybe on the 2.3 turbo
still thinking between that or the supercharged 5.0
and late model restorations cool thanks Venom

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
In all reality, you can make more power with the 2.3 than the 5.0. That is without buying aftermarket blocks. If you want some serious power put a 351W in it, or a bad 2.8 stoker kit in the 2.3. Just sayin!

·
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok here is my dilema
i want to use the 5.0 because the 5.0 foxbodies were bad ass and know for there power
but at the same time i want to still salvage what bit of gas milage i can out of it
so im probably gonna end up building a motor from the block up

but the problem is idk if i wanna keep the 2.3 or go with the 5.0
i want it to have serious power

·
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
so the question is whats more powerful a supercharged/turbo 2.3 or a supercherged/turbo 5.0?

·
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok so yall know what im working with
its a 93 mustang LX foxbody hatchback
sunroof,
all the weather stripping needs to be replaced
missing the interior roof,
A4LD with overdrive slipping/missing,
2.3L motor with the ac clutch gone out,
no sound system or speakers,
Pacer rims,
Kelly Charger GT tires,
LX body kits with parts of the trim broken off here and there and the right corner lamp is broke
oh and it has no keys
you just turn the ignition to start the car
and i traded a non running 98 eclipse gst for this car

·
Banned
3,511 Posts
Always going to be able to get more power with boost on higher displacement.

John Huber is stroked to a 2.8, runs 9s full interior, 1000hp, and gets 25mpg. Would he make more power with the same 38psi on a v8 stroker? Sure. Also going to get worse gas mileage though.

Matt Culpepper had a supercharged 351 on spray. Ripped it out, dropped in a 2.3t with bolt ons, ran an 11.20. Added better rods and broke 10s. Just the other day he finally broke into the 9s.

Another guy is pushing 8s. The question is, how fast do you really need to go?

There are always trade-offs and sacrifices.

·
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well the first thing i got to to is take care of my tranny problem because its killing me in whatever bit of gas milelage i have, thats why im wanting to swap it to a manual tranny and arummel already showed me a site on hot to do it
but the more we talk about it the more keeping the 2.3 is sounding good on gas and still have the power im looking for.
and it would be alot cheaper to by forged parts for a 4 cylinder vs a V8
but will the block hold the heat and power of the turbo, i know i read where the pistons wont hold...and where would i find the ecu for that?

·
Banned
3,511 Posts
An 87-88 thunderbird turbocoupe will have everything you need. I can also find you turboford parts.

The naturally aspirated pistons in the motor you have will not hold up to boost. At least not past maybe 5psi. Again, the turbocoupe factory turbo'd 2.3 motor came stock with forged pistons. What you'd really want to do is find a complete turbo motor, which often go for $500 on craigslist or wherever. There are a few modifications to the existing wiring harness needed. If you went out and found yourself an 87-88 5spd turbocoupe for a parts car though it would have most everything you need.

Over a few hundred horsepower though will require a standalone ECU such as the PiMP from Stinger Performance, which is worth its weight in gold.

·
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
sounds like i found the direction im going in thanks guys
turbo 2.3 it is
save some gas have some power
plenty of play time in the end

i do want your opinion on something and most people think im nuts for this
but i wanna paint the car Pepper Grey Metallic and throw a pair of Black racing stripes on it/ paint it up like a G.T. 500, thats kinda why im looking for a bit of power but still some room to save gas.

does anyone else think it would look decent with a G.T. 500 paint scheme and a 3 inch cowl hood?

·
Banned
3,511 Posts
I'm not one to ask about paint...my '93 was spraybombed :lol

Let me know if you need help finding anything for your turbo build. Also, the turbocoupes had a 'world class' t5 as opposed to the standard t5, the TC WC T5 was geared differently for even better fuel economy.

·
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
sounds like the whole car is my best best lol
and i will definitely need some help find the stuff for the turbo coupe
lets just say where i live in alabama isnt known for having a great selection of cars in the junk yard
lol trucks would be a totally different story but i already have two of those
and now you got me interested in the turbo coupe
speaking of which with the stock turbocoupe motor do i need to buy and aftermarket intercooler or does the t/c already have one stock

·
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
any suggestions on an intercooler?
i have heard greddy is pretty goodbut im sure there are other better ones
since im putting the g.t. body kit on it im sure it will look good with the car

1 - 20 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.