Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After many years of Jeeps, trucks, motorcycles etc and 42 years after buying my last Mustang, I have sold my '53 Chevy, my Harley and bought an 06 GT. That was 2 months ago. So far I have only replaced the axle-back with Flowmaster and just today replaced a dead battery.
I am planning on many upgrades and will be asking for advice from time to time. My next planned upgrade is to the sloppy factory shifter. I am thinking about a SNEEDA. Do you guys have any experience with this shifter ?
After that I want to install lowering springs, shocks, struts and Panhard bar. I would also appreciate any advice on those items. Dallas Mustang has recomended Eibach but I have also looked at SNEEDA for those.
Thanks in advance for any information you guys supply.

·
cammed, geared, and blown
1,919 Posts
Welcome to mm.
The SNEEDA shifter ( lol actually it's Steeda...), called the Tri-ax, is high quality but kinda fugly in my honest opinion. Most people agree that the MGW shifter is the best quality, and lots of people love the Hurst (despite everyone complaining about it's tendency to rattle).
As far as springs go, the Eibach Pro Kit are great for a daily driver, but the even lower Sportlines made me want to pull my hair out.
Happy modding!

·
Registered
140 Posts
welcome to the forum. I have the steeda tri-ax shifter and I feel good about my purchase. it is deliberate and no nonsense if that makes any sense to ya. definitely took the sloop out of it but it did not take out the notchiness of the transmission itself. having said that, cant speak on the mgw from experience but I think overall you will like the tri-ax.

·
KILLER
1,722 Posts
I have a TriAx, but no one will suggest anything other than the MGW. Its the Best shifter out there. I only bought a TriAx because it was used and the price was right.

·
Premium Member
5,519 Posts
Welcome to the happiest place on earth.

I'd highly recommend look around the place and do some searching. Its very obvious you know all about SNEEDA, but you may want to take a look at some other parts first. That SNEEDA stuff is pretty tricky to install. Once you get it on only a blow torch, a chicken egg, and a red headed midget can remove it.

Sent from my XT907 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
KILLER
1,722 Posts
^ i have no idea what u mean by its hard to take off. Mine is in a 6060, but it comes off easier than the factory.

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
riiiiiight, anyway i think upgrading your shifter is a good step! i went with MGW and it has been perfect for me, even came with an install DVD for you to watch and follow step by step! either way there is a ton of information in here! good luck!

·
Bob The Mo'fukkin Builda!
10,234 Posts
i used the steeda tri axe with my stock transmission for about 45k miles. loved every shift. the reason i bought it over the mgw was simple. the mgw wasn't available for purchase at the time. since i swapped to the TR6060 trans i also bought an mgw shifter for it and love it.

·
Love my S197
86 Posts
Welcome to the forum man, enjoy your stay here! As for the shifter. Steeda always makes really high quality stuff and I have never heard a complaint from them. Either go with the Steeda Tri-Axe like you want to or, as everyone else in this thread has said, the MGW shifter is really really nice too. You can even adjust the throw to how short/long you want it which is really nice. (Not sure if steeda can do that) But pick up either and you won't regret it.

·
Registered
371 Posts
MGW

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks guys. Just about the time I posted my questions, I realized that I typed STEEDA as SNEEDA. I knew I'd get some responses on that !
I'll look into the MGW shifter before buying one.

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
I had the Steeda triax before the MGW. Granted my car is supercharged, but at that higher power level the Steeda triax shifted terrible at high rpm's. At times I would do a 6500rpm shift to 4th and it would try to drop into 2nd. MGW cured that ****. I wouldn't BS anybody about that, but it's true and I have well over a million miles stick shift experience. The triax rattled a bit too. It shifted well on my son's N/A car, but not my blown car.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Is $259.00 a good price for MGW-3650 shifter ? That was the only price I found and nothing was on ebay.

·
I love to skydive
17,286 Posts
Is $259.00 a good price for MGW-3650 shifter ? That was the only price I found and nothing was on ebay.
New with shipping its like 271. So not too bad I guess. It's a little pricey. Because they use all new parts.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
2,043 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts