Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I'm new here to this board. Looking for a more active board because there's not much going on with Corral . Figured say hello and tell ya about my car.

I just bought a Dark Grey 2013 GT about a month ago. It's a premium with nav, 3.73's and recaros. I have some big goals I want to achieve with the car. Anyway I already added a few things until a have some more $$$.

Corsa axle back
BBR Off/R X
JLT CAI
JLT oil separator (passenger side only)
BBK 90MM TB
Barton Shifter
2013 GT500 Brembo brakes (6 piston)
BBR Mail Tune with iTSX
SVE Black Drifts .

Next on the list is a Barton 2 post bracket. After that I'm basically just saving up for a Hellion TT set-up. After TT will probably be a full return style fuel system and a twin disk clutch. I want to put some boost through the stock short block for a while, then I'll do a low compression built bottom end.

I have few questions though. Full suspension will go in either before or right after the TT. I'm wondering what suspension set-up I can go with that is going to lower my car but not sacrifice traction. I want it to have street manners because it's a dd but I will be drag racing the car often. I do not care about road racing. I only care about 60' and it being a DD that's not too creaky.

So I'm thinking no to lowering springs.

Thanks guys

·
SlowFiveOh
2,370 Posts
Welcome. Post some pics of the car!

·
Registered
863 Posts
Nice, congrats!!

·
Want Camels?
1,041 Posts
Welcome to MM, I love the 6pot GT500 brakes you got, where did you get them from?

as for suspension, you will probably need LCA for traction, and PHB to adjust the axle geometry. I won't talk about brands since many opinions are there, if you want feedback for the mods I have in my sig, I am happy to help

·
Registered
468 Posts
These aren't the best pics but I'll get some more up tomorrow.

It kinda looks like a 4x4 right now:/

Sent from my iPhone
Hey! Welcome! Can we get some pics that aren't posted from your app on your phone? I don't know why they make the damn pictures so small when we upload them.. Transfer them to your computer then post em up for us! :) car looks great from what I can see!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome to MM, I love the 6pot GT500 brakes you got, where did you get them from?

as for suspension, you will probably need LCA for traction, and PHB to adjust the axle geometry. I won't talk about brands since many opinions are there, if you want feedback for the mods I have in my sig, I am happy to help
It's a long story where I got them from but basically I became friends with the guy I bought my car from here in Las Vegas. He has a 2013 GT500 with 980rwhp. Someone on this board probably knows him. His name is Manny. He sells more Shelby's than anyone else in the world. His car was the test dummy for Kenne Bell's 2013 3.6 mammoth set-up for all 2013 GT500's. He's friends with Kenne Bell. I actually think his car is in an upcoming mm&ff or 5.0.

Anyway he went to a completely different brake set-up on his car and I now have his. It was my way of getting a brembo car without paying for them:)

I mention all of this because I am in the process with possibly starting a career with Shelby American here in Las Vegas. Naturally Manny has great relations with the guys over at Shelby. He really helped me out and introduced me to the right people. I will def keep you all posted on that status.

Iv'e been a mustang guy for 10-15 years. My last build was a 1994 cobra, 347, TKO, wet kit, 505/651, 10.60's on bottle DD all on 93 octane.

I am however new to the S-197 world. So far I freaking love the car and agree with most who think this is the best mustang Ford has ever built. Probably my fav feature is the real time gauges. I feel like this will be my friend when I go to the TT's.

BHD- Did you lose weight transfer from front to rear with the lowering springs? Or worded another way, do you spin more after the springs?

sidenote: I guess I'm lucky or maybe the wheels have something to do with it but I don't get wheel hop. I just spin most of the time. Occasionally on a hot day and good pavement it'll hook and go.

·
Behold the black horse...
847 Posts
You know a guy who is friends with Kenne Bell and you're possibly starting a career with Shelby American!? Shelby and KB are are my two favorite performance companies. I want a KB blower and I'm doing a Shelby theme on my 2013. Damn man.....can we be friends?

·
Registered
468 Posts
I wanna be friends too!!!! Sounds like you have every mustang person's dream right now! When I head to Vegas for vacation or Honeymoon, I def want to see all these cars! CRAZY!

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Whats your opinion on the motors response to those mods? basically the same mods I've been looking at until I can afford a blower.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You know a guy who is friends with Kenne Bell and you're possibly starting a career with Shelby American!? Shelby and KB are are my two favorite performance companies. I want a KB blower and I'm doing a Shelby theme on my 2013. Damn man.....can we be friends?
I wanna be friends too!!!! Sounds like you have every mustang person's dream right now! When I head to Vegas for vacation or Honeymoon, I def want to see all these cars! CRAZY!

Hehe well its a work in progress. Hopefully it works out. I'll keep yall posted here on this thread.

Here are few pics of Manny's car. He told the folks at Kenne Bell to try to blow it up and they couldn't. He's on a stock block, rotating assembly, stock oil pump, stock T6060 and clutch. Says the clutch slips everyone once and a while. 980rwhp DD with perfect street manners. The GT500's are beasts.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Whats your opinion on the motors response to those mods? basically the same mods I've been looking at until I can afford a blower.
Seriously the car runs great. I have zero surging, X-pipe fit with no problems, the iTSX loaded the BBR tune no problem and I've never even used any SCT products before in my life. Just make sure the iTSX is up to date. I did have to update my firmware but it was simple and got the download from SCT's website.

I notice not many people put TB's on these cars or maybe they don't list it in their mods but mine is great. I did xpipe, cai, tune and TB all at the same time and it def felt faster with noticeably more throttle response.

I did notice the CAI allows, on average, allows 5-10 degree higher air inlet temps after install. I think it's a little silly that a CAI is called a COLD air intake. They should be called MAI, More Air Intake because there where the added power comes from, not cold air.

Anyway I'd like to add an aluminum D/S at some point and already have full suspension on the way then TT time which is why I didn't add Long tubes.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts