Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have a mustang...yet, but its a good possibility here in the near future. I Bought an r6 a while ago(started riding mx when i was 5, 19 now) and am thinking about getting rid of it to grab a car. As much fun as the bike is, it tries to get me in trouble every time I ride it haha.

One of my friends has an '87, with the 5.0/5speed combo, pretty stock(I think it has a cat back exhaust and a cold air intake), its ugly, but it runs good and he only wants $1500.

I'll have about $3000 left to play with after I purchase it and would like to have something fun to play around in and maybe take to the track in the summertime. Also, it wont be a full time daily driver at first, but I might end up driving it more than my truck after I start to mod it. My question is, what does it take to make about 325-350whp with these cars? Can it be done with aluminum heads, cam, intake, full exhaust, and a good tune? I'll be grabbing the A/C delete also. I imagine I'll need a bigger fuel pump, and probably injectors along with the other mods. So would this be something that i could make happen on my budget? How much abuse do the bottom ends of these engines take before they start to come apart?

Sorry for all the questions, I don't know a whole lot about these cars as my whole family pretty much own all Chevy's,(I'll be getting a lot of **** from everyone if i buy this haha.)I love them, including my truck, but after I got to drive this car, its fun, and I like these WAY better than the 3rd or 4th gen camaros.

·
super serious
6,254 Posts
:welcome

You would have better luck posting your questions in the 5.0 sn95/fox body section.

5.0 Mustangs Forum

What's wrong with the car? $1500 is pretty cheap.

·
IG: opiesvt
8,782 Posts
Welcome.

Hey, when you pay 1500, you can't expect to have a pretty car haha. If it runs good like you say, I'd jump on it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts