Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy everyone,my name is james and I just picked up myself a 95' GT a couple weeks back but haven't been able to get any pics until now.

She aint much yet but i figure it's a good base to start working on top off.

The only mods so far are a BBK cold air and a Stack racing throttle body, along with some new headlights. Also just ordered some new long tube headers and will be running either a true dual set up or some kind of x pipe thing.

I swear the car came with the rear window sticker and tailights, hopefully a new set will be ordered soon, moneys a bit tight.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I looks really clean. Nice snag. How many miles? And how much did you get her for, if you don't mind me askin?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks man, there's alot yet to come.

She's a high mileage one, about 200,000.
But a basic rebuild is not an issue as I work at a local auto shop and 5.0's are not hard to come by if donor parts are needed.

And I paid 2,900.

If you don't mind me askin, what would you recommend for increases in power ?
Aside from a turbo or SC.

I was thinking gears next..

·
Registered
594 Posts
I'm loving the wheels and the headlights :cool:.
The tail lights need to go though..

Is the rear spoiler deleted or do you have yourself a GTS?

P.S. Don't worry about the miles. I would kill to have 200,000 miles again.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, and I'm not sure whether it's a GT or GTS.

I believe the car never had the spoiler from the factory (which is a good thing IMO)
I never liked the way they looked.

As for the rims though a friend of mine offered an even trade for a set of 17" 2003 chrome cobra rims, do you guys think I should go for it ?

Although I don't want to appear to try and badge my stang like its a cobra.

And holy crap I saw your sig, that's a lot of miles haha

·
Registered
123 Posts
Nice car bud......welcome to MM. I'm a bit jealous....LOL, I still can'f figure out how to put a friggin pic on here.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Thanks man, there's alot yet to come.

She's a high mileage one, about 200,000.
But a basic rebuild is not an issue as I work at a local auto shop and 5.0's are not hard to come by if donor parts are needed.

And I paid 2,900.

If you don't mind me askin, what would you recommend for increases in power ?
Aside from a turbo or SC.

I was thinking gears next..
Gears are a good way to put a little hop in her step right off the bat. I'd go with 3.73s, which is what I have in mine. Then, depending what your budget is and your plans for a rebuild, do a head swap and bolt a better flowing intake on top of them. While youre in there, you might as well put in a nice, mild cam, add headers and a free flowing exhaust.
If you're not going to throw a lot of money at it, I'd just open up the exhaust with some shorty headers and an x-pipe, throw in some gears, change the fuel filter, new plugs and wires, cap and rotor, underdrive pullies, and a short throw shifter. That'll get her runnin top notch again and all of those parts are available with free shipping from AmericanMuscle.com. A short shifter isn't necessary, but it helps to hit the gears quicker which in turn, makes you a bit faster....;)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice car bud......welcome to MM. I'm a bit jealous....LOL, I still can'f figure out how to put a friggin pic on here.
Haha, what i do is I upload to photobucket and paste the image link on the forums.

Really easy and fast to set up an account, it's a great way to host photos.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Gears are a good way to put a little hop in her step right off the bat. I'd go with 3.73s, which is what I have in mine. Then, depending what your budget is and your plans for a rebuild, do a head swap and bolt a better flowing intake on top of them. While youre in there, you might as well put in a nice, mild cam, add headers and a free flowing exhaust.
If you're not going to throw a lot of money at it, I'd just open up the exhaust with some shorty headers and an x-pipe, throw in some gears, change the fuel filter, new plugs and wires, cap and rotor, underdrive pullies, and a short throw shifter. That'll get her runnin top notch again and all of those parts are available with free shipping from AmericanMuscle.com. A short shifter isn't necessary, but it helps to hit the gears quicker which in turn, makes you a bit faster....;)
See I was thinking some 3.73's, a set of some gt40p heads, possibly bore out my stock intake to work better with my throttle body, throw a e303 crank and possibly a tuner, I've already got a set of new headers for my exhaust on the way. Also comes along with the basics like plugs, wires, fuel pump etc..

My only worry with the gt40p head swap is whether or not it would be a direct bolt on or if I would need to fabricate, I am not new to cars but I am new to engine build ups.

Seems as if you can find a nice set for about 300-400 bucks which for the gains is pretty much unbeatable.

Then again we all have great ideas for a totally kick ass car, it's the money factor that gets us :(

·
Registered
26 Posts
See I was thinking some 3.73's, a set of some gt40p heads, possibly bore out my stock intake to work better with my throttle body, throw a e303 crank and possibly a tuner, I've already got a set of new headers for my exhaust on the way. Also comes along with the basics like plugs, wires, fuel pump etc..

My only worry with the gt40p head swap is whether or not it would be a direct bolt on or if I would need to fabricate, I am not new to cars but I am new to engine build ups.

Seems as if you can find a nice set for about 300-400 bucks which for the gains is pretty much unbeatable.

Then again we all have great ideas for a totally kick ass car, it's the money factor that gets us :(
I have the e303 cam and gt40 heads in my 94 and it sounds frickin awesome but I think most people on here will agree if you are trying to make it "fast" the alphabet cams arent top of the line.. you can do much better for not much more. I talked to a local shop that builds racing engines around here and the guy who owns the place told me he could hook me up porting my 40's and custom grinding me a cam for about a grand and thinks itd pick up 75-100 more ponies than my e303 set up. Not saying the e cam isnt a good cam I sure like it but theres a lot better out there.

·
Registered
26 Posts
For the best performance I would recomend a custom grind cam to the flow of your heads so they match. I dont have much of any experience with any other off the shelf cams other than the e-cam. I do wish I would have done a little more homework on it before. I believe there is a pretty good H/C/I set up thread in the 5.0 section... anybody have a link?

BTW I love your car lol. Cant wait to see it without the ricey tail lights :)

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
For the best performance I would recomend a custom grind cam to the flow of your heads so they match. I dont have much of any experience with any other off the shelf cams other than the e-cam. I do wish I would have done a little more homework on it before. I believe there is a pretty good H/C/I set up thread in the 5.0 section... anybody have a link?

BTW I love your car lol. Cant wait to see it without the ricey tail lights :)
I should have mentioned in your other thread that running the E303 in a 94/95car without a tune could be a part of your issue too.
What your mechanic was telling you about doing a custom grind cam and porting the GT40 heads; my GT40 heads are already ported and I've got the E303 cam. A custom grind cam might only net me 15hp or so more than what I've got at the wheels right now----in my sig.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I should have mentioned in your other thread that running the E303 in a 94/95car without a tune could be a part of your issue too.
What your mechanic was telling you about doing a custom grind cam and porting the GT40 heads; my GT40 heads are already ported and I've got the E303 cam. A custom grind cam might only net me 15hp or so more than what I've got at the wheels right now----in my sig.
I do have a tune but i do not know who tuned it. As it wouldnt run with the GT-40 intake and the last owner had it tuned somewhere.
I laid down 248/288 through a stock aode and gears in front of the guy who would be building the cam for me and he told me he really believes he could get me a lot out of a custom grind. Maybe he was blowin smoke in my arse but he told me i could hit 300 pretty easily. Givin that the e303 is a good cam and does well for the gt40s but there are people making a lot more power off just different heads and a different cam.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hmm...Just received a couple tickets today so the build will have to be pushed back a few more weeks :(

1 - 20 of 27 Posts