Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just installed new header gaskets, new mufflers and also added some oil to my car, now when i start it it starts smoking alot.... why might this be?

·
Registered
3,942 Posts
Grease on your hands from working on the headers is burning off, no biggie. Like mentioned, keep an eye on it just in case. Everytime I touch anything on or gets hot from the engine it smokes until the car's been running a few minutes.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
and what happens when it runs for 45 mins and still smoking, then worry, and what am i susposed to be keeping my eye on, because both sides dont burn only one does and there both new

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
:funnah Reds is a worry wart!!! :funnah

It shouldnt burn for that long. All you wanna watch for really is flareup. You dont want a good size plug of grease to flare up and catch some wires or something on fire. Ive never really even had a flare up that you couldnt blow out like a candle.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
are you saying the smoke is coming from under the hood or is alot of smoke coming out your tail pipes.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
do you smell oil, exhaust fumes or do you smell like a burning rubber type smell? do you notice any type of exhaust leak?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 91 gt 5.0 and im changeing the headers,i was checking out americanmuslce.com and it says that long tube hearders fir a manual transmission but than when i checked out the motor mounts i seen a pait of mounts that raise the motor 3/4" higher and it says it would allow modifacation to the exhaust such as LONG TUBE HEADERS ...i wanna know if that true...i have an automatic by the way

1 - 19 of 19 Posts