Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all...just purchased a 2013 V6 Mustang. Going to be a new learning curve as all my past / prior cars have been Honda / Tuners. Been in love with Corvette's and Mustangs since I was a kid...it's already been a blast owning this car it gets so many looks...

No side badging, no stripes, no hint outside of the back trunk plate that it's a V6. Does anyone know a good place to look for localized buys for stock parts. I want to put the GT hood on the car but to save money I think it'd be easier to find someone locally who removed their stock hood for an aftermarket one that is already painted / color matched. Any help or ideas here would be great.

·
I love to skydive
17,286 Posts
Welcome to mm :wave

What are your plans? Any idea?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to mm :wave

What are your plans? Any idea?

I have to look into things a bit...since most things are obviously being produced for the 5.0 and not the V6...if I can find a good Intake / Header and Exhaust for the car that won't Void the FORD Warranty on the car...I'd like to open up the air flow a bit more.

I'd like to get a 5.0 Black Hood stock, and the Eleanor Louvers for exterior...and then from there its a 36 month 36,000 mile waiting game :p

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Any ideas on a good OEM Ford approved Header/Exhaust combo that sounds great/produces good power/ and fits the 2013 V6 would be majorly helpful too.

·
I love to skydive
17,286 Posts
No such thing for headers.

Axel backs aren't bad though. Worse comes to worse just swap it back before you take it in.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No such thing for headers.

Axel backs aren't bad though. Worse comes to worse just swap it back before you take it in.

I watched some older videos but it doesn't seem like the same combos exist anymore for the new year...like

Pypes o/r H-Pipe with magnapacks

Not sure if Pypes falls into the whole OEM thing tho.

·
Hot rod Stang
550 Posts
Welcome, you can try Ford Racing & American Muscle, nice ride!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Love the smoked tail lights man. You can find plenty of intakes on American Muscle - if they are too pricey you can typically find used ones on Craigslist or the classifieds section here for half of the price. And definitely get a good axleback exhaust

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok so far here is what I am thinking...any recommendations would be great:

BBK Ceramic Mustang Long Tube Headers (2011-2013 V6) 16420 - Free Shipping!

with

BBK Mustang Shorty X-Pipe (2011-2013 V6 Catted) 1461 - Free Shipping!

or BBK Mustang Shorty X-Pipe (2011-2013 V6 Off-Road) 1462 - Free Shipping!

not sure which one would be more preferable...

then

Roush Axle-Back Exhaust (2011 Mustang V6) 421145 - Free Shipping!

I feel like I am missing a piece here just looking at the lengths of these but I may just be seeing the pictures wrong.

On the Intake front...

Airaid Cold Air Intake (11-13 V6) 450-265 - Free Shipping!

seems like a reasonable start to a project ....

·
He who wipes so much.
1,465 Posts
Welcome to the forums!! Try to stick with small bolt on parts. Something you can easily swap in and out. Good luck with your build/project.

·
Behold the black horse...
847 Posts
Anything between the front of your engine and your rear axles will void some part of the warranty.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts