Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I'm Matt and I have a 89 Ford Mustang with a 2.3L engine and a automatic transmission. It's got 139,000 miles on it I believe and right now I'm having problems with it running and wanting to rev up when it is running.

So here's the deal, it starts very hard and I have to cycle the key to build up fuel pressure on it. Then it will start but runs really rough. Like I can't even rev it up.

I have installed new spark plugs and it didn't really help, I also ran sea foam threw the brake booster vacuum line. Also didn't help.

I am going to do a fuel pressure test on it tonight and see how much pressure it has. Can anyone tell me how much pressure it should have? Or a pressure range for good or bad?

Any feed back will be much appreciated

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Between 35 and 40

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, Well I have 0PSI, Gauge didn't even move! So I guess its time for a new pump!

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Yeah, a bad regulator would at least make some pressure. You can get a 225lph pump on eBay for about $50. Replaces the stock pump, and leaves plenty of room for upgrades later if you should be interested.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I already got a complete fuel pump assembly from a previous mustang. It's a brand new pump so I think I'm just going to throw that in!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts